Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Default Need help choosing a class...

Ok i played a warrior and druid back on classic... both to 60. Me and a friend are starting within a few weeks, and he will be playing a shaman, but we wont always be on together so i need something that can solo semi comfortably.

My choices are, Enchanter (always intrigued me) Monk (i would play this if they can fill in as a temporary tank position?) or warrior (was boring as hell when i played and difficult to level, but it seems the server is hurting for them.)

I know all about the play what you think will be fun, but i dont see looking for groups for hours because of an overpopulus of enchanters, etc. I want to help the server, yet be able to solo well if im looking for a group...
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

go for enchanter out of those 3 if you want to be able to solo.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned

Monks can tank fine right up to raids, at which they don't excel. They are also superb pullers and can also dps well. Tanks are in short supply on P99 and monks are considered valuable group members for all of the above.

Enchanters are group powerhouses as well as adequate soloers. As one of the Holy Trinity, you will get a group pretty much anytime you want one. Resists are a bit off still so it can be a dangerous job either way.

Warriors are awful. I don't know who invented this class but they had no love for it. They are limited to weapon aggro with Taunt broken (how much longer... Velious??) and tend to get groups killed. The do level fast and are the best raid tanks, so they can be rewarding at the highest levels.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Its a bit rougher later on for monks to solo afaik, Spud speaks the truth - enchanter soloing can be quite lucrative/quick and still very doable into the 40s at least, though I still like the safety of a group most of the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Warriors? Well, yes the server is short on them...but through no fault of the player, trying to watch an undergeared warrior get aggro/maintain aggro is horrible - does it get better for them at higher levels? If you can bear the hybrid exp penalty (40%), a paladin or SK is much more fun. SKs can solo somewhat but with some downtime, no idea on paladins - never played one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

so it looks like i might be making a monk for when my friend plays and an enchanter for solo, and random group play lol... i just cant decide between the two so ill make both...
Old 07-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

trust me; make a necro instead to solo
use it to create endless plat towards your monk bank

good on monk - to your friend i got a sham and a cleric and a cleric is better imo
Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

cant enchanters make just as much money, especially when people are paying for buffs and such? Necro was another choice, but i dont see them being very good in groups...
Closed Thread