Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-10-2023, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Default I played EQLive

There I was, on my old level 60 half elf druid.
Got some help to get a Journeyman Mercenary, suits of armor called Defiant and 10, 20 slot bags as well as auto-granted AAs.
I had fun messing around new zones and such but I felt like exploring old zones because of p99 and what has changed.
I portaled to WL to screw around with some giants and holy fuck, Woushi jumped me. being level 61 I thought this was already the end.

But no.

My tank merc with 4 types of stacked regen was just taking the hits. Quadding for 150~ just wailing away. After getting health established I started Dotting up the dragon and its health was slowly just going down. 3 dots just ticking and critting away. Due to Defiant gear having all my resists in the 300~ range constantly the poison and fear never landed. Watching DoTs and Merc tick away it eventually died.
Then I soloed vindi
then idol
but died to AoW because of its massive health. then some passing by level 120 just farted on it and let me have the pants and mask
But then I went for tormax and won
I was level 61
I used my free level 85 token on a monk. then i noticed iksar racial bonuses were non-noticeable but then i thought why not see what i could do.
Tunare died within 10 seconds. 99% of the zone didnt even have time to get there. When they got there I popped a riposte disc that also double attacked and returned flying kick that also had a chance to double attack. Then I remembered my Cleave ability, Destructive Force. I logged on my old level 50 warrior alt and looted Tunare. belt, dagger and 2h sword in one drop.

But then I got bored and logged back onto p99 and sat in EC all day looking for twink shit.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Shoulda recorded this and redux it to a bunch of embedded videos to relay the story!!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-10-2023, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Live is pretty fun.

Getting to one twenty is pretty hard without a static grp and there's 40 buttons to press on my wizard.

A server that stops before they went crazy with the AAs would be nice.

Mercs are amazing. They also ruin the sub 100 game.

The problem is I never bothered to make friends or form a group to go duo or trio the old content I really wanted for nostalgia. And it's still a retrace to the top leaving the majority of older content meaningless outside of lore. And I like tradeskills and stuff.

So I just subbed to the wiki and let my e reader take me on an everquest journey.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

my experience reinstalling live was pretty crazy, i joined 2 random dude's guild who were botting their own grps and just ping ponged between them to get to 120 and did a bunch of the 6man events.

was actually kinda fun but yeah live is sorta broken. atleast on Emarr its more people botting than actual people running around
Old 03-10-2023, 10:48 AM
Banned

dear elf diary
(lol)