Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply, Sundawg! Sorry for my assumption that Minor Illusion caused every mob to /con indifferent in Live classic. I never got an enchanter far out of the noob levels back then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is there any way that I could help figure out which factions responded to Minor Illusion in classic? I've tried some Googling and working with the Wayback internet archive, but I haven't come up with anything about specific faction adjustments. Would testing on EQMac be worth anything?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would testing on EQMac be worth anything?

That is to my knowledge, the only way.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

I rolled up a few guineapigs on EQMac, and the Minor Illusion faction adjustments I have recorded are very complicated indeed. I didn't really know how to get started, so I picked some race/deity combinations that were fairly diverse. I rolled a Human/Agnostic (beginning in Qeynos), Highelf/Tunare, Darkelf/Agnostic, and Darkelf/Innoruuk.

Something that further complicates Minor Illusion faction changes is that the game seems to take into account any faction work that you have done. For instance, when I brought the dark elves to Qeynos, I transformed and /conned a gnoll to find that it was indifferent to me. I killed 6 gnoll pups and tried transforming again, and now the pups are Apprehensive to me when I am affected by Minor Illusion. As some of the data in the loose table below suggests, even the faction gained by turning in your newbie note is enough to change how your guildmaster views your Minor Illusion-ed toon; at each of the characters' home guilds, I was taken Amiably, and after transforming, I remained Amiably.

W: Warmly, Am: Amiable, I: Indifferent, Ap: Apprehensive, D: Dubious, T: Threatening, S: Scowling

Race/Deity_________Hum/Ag_w/MI_|_HIE/Tun_w/MI_|_DE/Ag_w/MI_|_DE/In_w/MI
Freeport Militia___________I_____I___|__Ap_____Ap__|___D___ __I___|__D____Ap
Knights of Truth__________I_____I___|__I_______I___|___T_____ I___|__T____D
Arcane Scientists________Am____I___|__I_______I___|___D__ ___I___|__D____D
Freeport Monks__________I______I___|__I_______I___|___S____ _I___|__S____I
Qeynos Guards__________I_____I____|__Ap_____I___|___D____ _I___|__D____D
Temple of Life___________I_____I____|__Ap_____I___|___D_____ I___|__D____D
Order of Three__________Am___Am___|__I______I___|___D_____I ___|__T____D
Qeynos Monks__________I_____Ap___|__Ap____Ap___|__Ap___Ap ___|__D____D
Neriak Guards___________D_____I____|__S_____D___|___I____ __I___|_Am___I
The Dead______________D_____D____|__S_____S___|___D___ __D___|__D___D
The Spurned___________D_____I_____|__Not Avail.__|__Am___Am___|__Am__Am
Neriak Ghouls__________S_____I_____|__Not Avail.__|___W____I____|__W____I
Felwithe Guards_______Ap_____I_____|__Am____I___|___T____I_ ___|__S___D
Keepers of the Art______I_____I_____|__Am____Am__|___S____I____|_ _S___D

It may also be worth noting that the Qeynos Monk guild saw my Human/Agnostic Indifferently before transforming, but that dropped to Apprehensive after Minor Illusion-ing myself, so really, the faction adjustments are completely willy-nilly. The only way I can think of to refine my method is to roll a toon of each and every Enchanter race/deity combination and, while getting cash for the spell scroll, avoid killing any mobs that would give a faction change. Someone please tell me you can think of another way!

All bats, rats, and beetles who normally glower dubiously became Indifferent to all four of my test subjects. Deathfist Pawns changed from scowling to Indifferent. Gnoll pups /conned Indifferent for Minor Illusion until I killed a few, at which point they would become Apprehensive.

In regard to the infravision effect, yes on EQMac, Minor Illusion does grant infravision. It also caused me to grunt like a burly man while taking hits in combat, so I'm afraid that is indeed Classic.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Lol. Those modifiers are ridiculous.

GL devs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Orc

My understanding back then was always that Minor Illusion would set your racial faction modifier to 0. Any class modifiers, religion modifiers or personal faction modifiers (from kills/quests) would still be in effect. For an agnostic character, this generally translated to being indifferent to almost everything you hadn't specifically affected with kills/quests, since few NPCs care about your class.

That seems to match your tests on AlKabor. Your agnostic DE and agnostic Human have identical faction apart from their respective caster guilds (probably increased by turning in the newbie note).
Last edited by Elerion; 10-21-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 AM
VIP / Contributor

I'm mostly interested in getting a record of what "kos" monsters are modified by minor illusion at this point. Those are the factions that will need a special entry/boost added to mimic what minor illusion does on the (soon to be going away) Al'kabor server.

So if you are bored and want to help, a list of before/after /cons with different groups/classes of monsters with an agnostic enchanter would be great.

No ETA when it will be added, but the EQmac resource which is the last place to get this info is being brought down so now is the time to get this stuff.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM
VIP / Contributor

Also, speaking of non-human illusions, some people have mentioned to me that in Velious: werewolf illusion + bard faction song = non kos in Velketor's Labyrinth.

I'll check what I can to find out on EQmac but does anyone have FIRST hand experience with this from the old days?

Edit: Answered my own question. A combination of werewolf form and a strong faction raising spell will make one dubious to all of Velketor's Labyrinth. Interesting stuff.
Last edited by Sundawg; 10-21-2013 at 05:57 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

IT BEGINS.

Race/Deity_____________Human/Agnostic____________w/Minor_Illusion
Ice Giants_____________________S______________________ __I
Premafrost Goblins______________S________________________I
Icy Orcs______________________S_______________________ _I
Redwind______________________S____________________ ____I
Snow leopard__________________T________________________ I
Polar bear_____________________T________________________ I
Blackburrow Gnoll_______________S_________________________I
Gray wolf______________________T_______________________ _I
Brown bear____________________T_________________________ I
Dread corpse___________________S________________________ S
Warrens Kobolds (Clan Kolbok)_____S_________________________I
Toxxulia Kobolds_________________S________________________I
a wild tiger (Kerra Isle)___________S________________________S
Sand Shark (Erudin)_____________S_________________________I
Karana Bandits_________________T________________________T
a scarecrow (West Karana)_______S________________________S
Mist wolf______________________T_______________________ _I
Plains lioness___________________S_______________________ _I
Aviaks (SK and Lake Rathe)_______D________________________I
Splitpaw Gnolls_________________S_________________________I
Lake Rathe Orcs________________S_________________________I
Lake Rathe Bandits______________T________________________T
freshwater shark (Lake Rathe)_____S________________________S
a deepwater goblin (Lake Rathe)___S________________________I

Some anomalies: Karana bandits see through Minor Illusion, as do the more bloodthirsty animals!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Large Rat

-= First post! =-

Coming from EQMac, I know that Minor Illusion was pretty key (prenerf) to getting the Clarify Mana, etc. spells that were exclusively sold by the LFay Brownies.

My agnostic dark elf enchater would have to cast Benevolence on the guards to make them threateningly -> dubious so I could get close, then cast minor illusion next to the merchant to make it dubious -> amiable, then buy my spells. I assume the merchant would be indiff without the benevolence cast.

I wonder how enchanters bought their spells post nerf ... Charm, maybe? Still, you'd need to get past the guards.

If you like, I can help out with this. I have a 51 enchanter on eqmac. Of course I have been killing lots of stuff with faction hits, though.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Cool stuff! How are your factions in deep Velious? As I am only rolling around with a level 4 chanter for being able to cast invis on myself, I don't expect to be able to get into the Wakening Land or the Plane of Growth or Plane of Mischief .. among other Velious factions I am not so familiar with. How comfortable are you with cold weather? I was able to get the name Vermicelli on EQMac, so say "Hi" sometime!

Also, I believe wolf form gets you above Dubious when dealing with the brownies =)
Last edited by Vermicelli; 10-23-2013 at 01:45 PM..