Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Hey, Metro was decent.. and Beverly Hills Cop III was ok.. right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

I just thought "otay" was cute hehe! It's just what I imagine a cute little kid to say. Guess me and the writers of the little rascals had the same thought.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explains why I didn't remember it. Wonder why it was so popular in the early 2000's.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110366/

Was my favorite movie in '95

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Orc

Well at least I have been educated at where the oddity of "otay" came from.

My personal favourites are the "over lol'ers". You know, the ones who log in and say something along the lines of;
"Hi everyone lol"
"How are you all today lol"
"Anyone got a group for me lol"
I fail to see how any of this is funny!

These types generally also say the acronym "lol" instead of laughing if you are ever unfortunate enough to get them on vent/teamspeak! "lol" is not something you say, it's something you do, and unless you are on funny farm meds, it's something you do when something is actually funny!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think smilies are bad too, but can sometimes have their place. I know I've been guilty of using them. Usually its to convey the message of 'I'm kidding' to someone who can't see your facial expression when you call them a terrible name.

For example: Hasbinbad you're a complete asshole and I hope you die in a fire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

See the smilie on the end makes it ok, because I don't really wish death on anyone. I actually like Hasbinbad and wish him health and happiness.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are the trolliest of trolls. Every post I see you make is of some retarded picture!

Not to be taken offensively.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well at least I have been educated at where the oddity of "otay" came from.

My personal favourites are the "over lol'ers". You know, the ones who log in and say something along the lines of;
"Hi everyone lol"
"How are you all today lol"
"Anyone got a group for me lol"
I fail to see how any of this is funny!

These types generally also say the acronym "lol" instead of laughing if you are ever unfortunate enough to get them on vent/teamspeak! "lol" is not something you say, it's something you do, and unless you are on funny farm meds, it's something you do when something is actually funny!

I know exactly what you mean. I always think of this as nervous laughter.
I have this one schizophrenic friend who goes by the name of GregGreg. He laughs after every single thing he says, real manic-like. I think it's the drugs he's on but who knows. These people remind me of him. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Aviak

ugh, I think I fall into these categories sometimes. I really know what you mean about it being annoying though. If im not paying attention and trying to convey tone in my text sometimes i over do it
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Orc

what about =P and =/ or even the dreaded =3 ? are these acceptable, anytime somone says something to me and i respond in a shrug like matter i do =p or =/....i only do =3 when i say meow, witch i havent said on EQ yet.....
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that you gentleman insult Eddy Murphy by saying he died in 92 is just sickening! If he had ACTUALLY died in 92 we would have never had his classic works like the Clumps, or Norbert, or of course his life long masterpiece.... PLUTO NASH!
how dare you good sir to leave out I Spy, and the Dr. Doolittle movies. You know, the movie with the black chick who was borderline hittable, who became absolutely atrocous.
Closed Thread