Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Kobold

Basically, you want the mob that you dont want to engage to make it back to his/their spawn point to 'reset' before getting back up.

Whether you use darkness/root/terror/fear is up to you depending on your situation.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The root method can be used in tight areas and is all about being able to refresh master spell timer with a clicky item really fast to cast FD after root. The drawback is that root is random duration and if it breaks before adds' aggro is reset, you may have to redo the whole procedure.
What's this whole "use a clicky item to reset gems/spell timer" thing? I've seen it mentioned in other posts too. I don't understand it. Don't all spells have their own recast time? What's the purpose of using an item (I've seen the telescope mentioned a lot) to do it?
Old 06-27-2016, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Every spell has it own recast timer.
After you cast a spell, that timer start to tick (spell is greyed out), but also General Recastbl Timer starts to tick ( greyys out all spells for 2 sec).

Clicky item immediately resets that 2nd timer allowing you to cas a *different* spell really soon.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After you cast a spell, that timer start to tick (spell is greyed out), but also General Recastbl Timer starts to tick ( greyys out all spells for 2 sec).

Clicky item immediately resets that 2nd timer allowing you to cas a *different* spell really soon.
If you put a spell in top slot it also lets you cast the same spell almost instantly. There are exceptions with spells that have their own cooldowns like mez and charm but not for DMF (buffs on a different coding I guess??)

ie - DMF'ing a raid without cooldown, or chaining deflux/roots.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:

I'm still not sure I understand.

Wouldn't the action of casting a spell start the General Recast Timer? Why would you also use a clicky item after casting? If all the spells are greyed out for 2 seconds after casting, why would that timer need to be reset via clicky? Just casting a spell resets the timer, yes?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Casting a spell from your spellbar causes a 2-second lockout of all spells on your spellbar.

Casting a spell from a clicky item not only does not cause that lockout, it immediately refreshes your spellbar so you don't have to wait the normal 2 seconds to cast again from spellbar, but this only applies to the spell in slot 1.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Aviak

OOHH!!! I get IT! Ok, OMG thank you for taking the time to explain. That makes a lot more sense. I've been lurking, trying to look clever, and hopefully figuring it out as I went along, but that didn't work out. Thank you!!
Old 06-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottomania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's this whole "use a clicky item to reset gems/spell timer" thing? I've seen it mentioned in other posts too. I don't understand it. Don't all spells have their own recast time? What's the purpose of using an item (I've seen the telescope mentioned a lot) to do it?
You don't want to get used to it. When I'm on a class without an insta-clicky I get so frustrated waiting for the Universal Spell Timer to go down to wait to cast.

He is my favorite way to use clickies to reset the timer:

I am on my shaman, I load cannibalize 2 and canni 3, I put on Shrunken Gobby Earring. I cast canni 2, hit earring, cast canni 3, hit earring, canni 2, earring, canni 3, earring, etc. I can drop my health from 100% to about 20% in less than a minute, when doing the normal canni dance would take several minutes (with Iksar regen, ikky regen BP, and regrowth).

When you cast a spell you can't immediately cast enough spell until the universal timer is off. When you're used to being able to click around the timer, it gets real annoying waiting for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I'm on my necro I get frustrated from time to time because I can't use my CoS to reset my timers (for faster root, mez, or fear after a screaming terror pull) without killing my pet.

The universal timer may not seem like much, but when you're a squishy and are playing alone and in tight spaces, being able to cast spells instantly is great.

On my wizard I'm constantly Temp Fluxing things to chain my nukes when something really needs to die fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casting a spell from your spellbar causes a 2-second lockout of all spells on your spellbar.

Casting a spell from a clicky item not only does not cause that lockout, it immediately refreshes your spellbar so you don't have to wait the normal 2 seconds to cast again from spellbar, but this only applies to the spell in slot 1.
I don't know why people are saying it only works in spell slot 1. I use cannibalize on 6 and 7 and it works fine. Maybe it was like that in Live but it isn't like that in p99.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why people are saying it only works in spell slot 1. I use cannibalize on 6 and 7 and it works fine. Maybe it was like that in Live but it isn't like that in p99.
That's weird. You sure? I know that if I want to chain cast the same spell (almost instantly) it has to be in top slot.
Closed Thread