Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why doesn't DMO count? They are a guild of allies and pals. Literally three of them raid regularly with ST and they maintain their DMO tags and they are more competitive than some of the smaller guilds in the UN.

To my knowledge, there is no cross guild tagging going on, and even if there were, would that be bad? I have to assume that there are people in multiple guilds now. It's more likely that there is a Kingdom player in ST than a DMO player. So, what's the problemo, amigo?
I've been on this server for like 2 months and I've already seen DMO: troll Tranix/the UN for weeks, say racist shit in the UN Discord, and just in general act like a bunch of teenagers on here.

They can be whatever kind of guild they want, but it's not the kind of behavior I want to be associated with as a grown ass man playing this game in 2020. Given the aspirations of what the UN is attempting to do/be, I think catering to behavior like that definitely hollows out some credibility.

I'm willing to give DMO another shot no doubt, but first impressions and all that.
Last edited by billcrystals; 06-02-2020 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Wrong quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

I know classic Nazis will hate me. But I do wish raid mobs variances, would either go Away or shrink to almost nothing IE instead of +/- 8 hours(total fo 16 hour window), make it +/- 30 mins up to 2 hours.

Reason being, is this game isn't classic by a long shot. Yes its probably closest thing to classic out there. But come on Clickys/Recharge/FTE yellow text/Hand holding bs/Non dial up/Computers able to do 2000% more output then what people had 99-2002. Its not admins fault..

Most those who play this game 99.9% are people who played original (much love). Meaning most are 35+. With family's and such. Clearly those who can sock 16+ hours straight. Either cares 0 about family, or still probably never had a partner[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That alone would fix socking. Now to fix raid scene. GM force rotation. Pretty much if your able to kill said dragon and proved that you had. Congrats your on rotation. IE Guild1,guild2,guild3... Guild4 wants to get in has to snipe it during other guilds rotation.
Also when target spawns, whoever turn it is has 15/30 mins to engage.

People claiming that their enjoyment is the race, is silly. Racing wasn't a thing in classic. Heck it was who did the most dmg. Heck 95% server only had 1-2 guilds even able to do dragons. Most were alliances of smaller guilds taking down raid targets.

Racing isn't anything. EQ raiding is all about Zerg(not a single green raiding guild isn't zerging targets down fyi)
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Btw can't wait to see how Sky turns out. PoF was god awful after it came out. Cough Menden the Baby Sitter, and Galach having to check logs every 3 seconds. PoH, was a huge wipe fest by guilds popping up and training each other.

Boy Sky is gonna be funny as heck, people gonna be cutting throats for key peices[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Banned

so elf communism
got it
Old 06-02-2020, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Bros, these recommendations are just instances with extra steps, 1/10th the loot pool, catering to casuals.

Which is literally everything EQ isn't.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so elf communism
got it
If you're playing on a non-pvp server you've already given in to 'communism'. It's just a question now of how much you're okay with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bros, these recommendations are just instances with extra steps, 1/10th the loot pool, catering to casuals.

Which is literally everything EQ isn't.
I feel like it depends. My understanding is that there were servers back in the day where the 7-days were on rotations. However, there were also servers that weren't. Saying that somehow rotations aren't 'real EQ' seems misguided. However generally it does seem that rotations were not handed down from on high but rather player agreed. If some players want to try to deny everyone else pixels, that does seem to be one way classic EQ was played.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so elf communism
got it
Amen lulz

No one is giving in to any kind of communism.

Track your own raid mobs and farm your own pixels.

Green 99 pixel economy is reaching historic highs, with many fine alts to show for it.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen lulz

No one is giving in to any kind of communism.

Track your own raid mobs and farm your own pixels.

Green 99 pixel economy is reaching historic highs, with many fine alts to show for it.
How are raid rotations communism? You still have to go kill the thing yourself, no?
Last edited by bbsmitz; 06-02-2020 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Grammar.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If some players want to try to deny everyone else pixels, that does seem to be one way classic EQ was played.
That's an interesting perspective. No one is denying anyone anything, those pixels won are pixels earned. If you compete and win, more power to you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck!
Old 06-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
That's an interesting perspective. No one is denying anyone anything, those pixels won are pixels earned. If you compete and win, more power to you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck!
No, I meant literally as in, for some players, it seems as if they're not as happy with the pixels they have if others have the same pixels. It's the difference between say running a personal best time and beating someone in a race. It seems as if for some EQ isn't as fun unless someone else loses out. But I'm not casting a moral judgement there; EQ is a game and has no real life consequences. You're not gonna go hungry if you don't get pixels, so if some people enjoy EQ as a competitive game, in your words, more power to them. It's not really different than playing Madden or FIFA in that respect.
Closed Thread