Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like "Shadows of Fartlin"
Haha got em!
Old 08-15-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Id assume staff could make a mirror server and xfer people over if they want to go down that route. Just a matter of the staff wants to reinput all that Luclin code or even deal with that aspect of fixing things that took them over a decade to dial in on Blue (as best they can).

Watching guilds pull their hair out on what to do would be amusing though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .
Old 08-18-2021, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Will never happen but Luclin is a great expansion. No idea why so many people hate it
Old 08-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

It isn't about the hate. It is about the fundamental shift of the entire game that resulted from the massive changes.

1. Find
2. Maps
3. Bazaar easy sell no personal interaction
4. Teleports
5. Old world totally obsoleted by super exp zones all through luclin
6. Old world items totally obsoleted by super elite weapons and items super easy to get through luclin
7. ETC

Its fun to continue progress but as mentioned, project 1999 was about re-creating the original, simpler yet harder and less assisted version of everquest.

Lots of servers have those other features and include luclin for you to enjoy.

Maybe one day whoever owns regular EQ will do a proper TLP. They have to have original code somewhere.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:42 PM
Banned

1. Find was super limited, not really used much
2. Maps are fantastic and you can use them on p99 already with a 3rd party program.
3. No one except no life EC fatcats like EC. Bazaar was the single best thing ever introduced to EQ ever.
4. Teleports from the nexus are super limited and only happen every 15 min, at this point they would supplement the fact that Dial is a shell of it's former self with so many of it's members going to green.
5. That can be easily fixed by having some hot zones across various continents.
6. That happens with virtually every expansion in every MMO. The high end kunark weapons don't hold a candle to velious weaponry for most classes. Also 100hp is still the top end for luclin except for 1 item so high end gear from velious and select kunark 100hp items aren't obsolete.

Luclin is the Rodney Dangerfield of early EQ expansions. It's actually a great expansion but gets no respect.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Derails original content. AA's too.

Great expansion. Great game. Changes the game too much. Not classic. Literally any other server basically gives this to you. Stock open source EQ EMU Code is pretty much luclin + code so maybe put together your own server?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:09 PM
Banned

Again virtually every mmo expansion "derails original content" they all stack off each other, one step at a time. AA's give a reason to play your main character if you aren't a person that likes to make tons of alts. As one of those people I loved AA's because it felt like I could continue to play my main while making meaningful progress.

Personally I think the "not classic" argument is a cop out. There's to many things to list about this project that aren't classic. Regardless of whether they're trying to recreate a "classic" feel or not. I define "Classic" everquest as launch to PoP. Other people define it other ways.

All I know is that we're 6 years into velious and we have one of if not the most toxic raid scene in the servers history with precious little content to go around for raid guilds. Launching some form of Luclin would add a TON of new raid content which would trickle down to a lot of smaller guilds getting to experience raid content that currently don't have that opportunity and would likely revitalize the blue population.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All I know is that we're 6 years into velious and we have one of if not the most toxic raid scene in the servers history with precious little content to go around for raid guilds. Launching some form of Luclin would add a TON of new raid content which would trickle down to a lot of smaller guilds getting to experience raid content that currently don't have that opportunity and would likely revitalize the blue population.
This is my biggest personal argument for SoL/PoP/custom content.

The raid scene would still remain toxic at the top, but other guilds would have access to some incredible gear.

If you want to raid right now you either become a crazy person or have a shit experience.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sigh

Staff spent a lot of time and effort removing luclin content from the p99 server code.
And they could just collaborate with p2002 or TAKP *Edit* and get the code back, removing whatever they felt necessary, which would be much easier....
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 08-20-2021 at 03:32 AM..
Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Find was super limited, not really used much
2. Maps are fantastic and you can use them on p99 already with a 3rd party program.
3. No one except no life EC fatcats like EC. Bazaar was the single best thing ever introduced to EQ ever.
4. Teleports from the nexus are super limited and only happen every 15 min, at this point they would supplement the fact that Dial is a shell of it's former self with so many of it's members going to green.
5. That can be easily fixed by having some hot zones across various continents.
6. That happens with virtually every expansion in every MMO. The high end kunark weapons don't hold a candle to velious weaponry for most classes. Also 100hp is still the top end for luclin except for 1 item so high end gear from velious and select kunark 100hp items aren't obsolete.

Luclin is the Rodney Dangerfield of early EQ expansions. It's actually a great expansion but gets no respect.
I concur with Croco's statement. Luclin is a great classic expansion. I've made a beastlord / necro on p2002 and its fun leveling up in luclin zones. Luclin models turned off for all characters, not waiting / begging 20 mins for a port to get somewhere is rather refreshing. Not spending time in EC looking for something is rewarding. You still lose pets on zoning / camping out, etc. It doesn't feel that different from p99 to be honest, just a little more time efficient. I also zone in 2 seconds...what's up with that p99??

I'd love to be able to take my Blue account to luclin, or even server xfer it if necessary.
I'd donate $500 right now, make it so.
Closed Thread