Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-07-2023, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B][CENTER]Weapons with the following spell effects attached to them will not be allowed; Knockback, Fear, Invisibility, and Shrink.
Just wanted to be super-clear on this as it related to Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher (https://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeb...Frigid_Gnasher). It seems like it would be fine to equip the item, but clicking it is of course prohibited. Did I get that right?
Old 02-07-2023, 03:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to be super-clear on this as it related to Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher (https://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeb...Frigid_Gnasher). It seems like it would be fine to equip the item, but clicking it is of course prohibited. Did I get that right?
Honestly would be surprised if you were able to get a cast off. It's a very small square to fight on and you stand still and you die. Guess that depends on the team makeup though.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Senior Server Guide

I chose to allow ringers for red because you guys all share accounts so much it's impossible to keep track of it all anyways. I was working solo and had no time to actually verify if there was ringers or not anyways. Plus if I wouldn't have allowed it then there would have been no match on red and no one would have advanced to the finals. If there was only one team I would have had to cancel red out of the whole thing.

I thought the matches were going to be way longer (30-40 minutes) like they were on live. Once I saw that they were literally over in a couple minutes I thought it would be fun to do 3/5 instead so it was a slightly longer event for you guys.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I chose to allow ringers for red because you guys all share accounts so much it's impossible to keep track of it all anyways. I was working solo and had no time to actually verify if there was ringers or not anyways. Plus if I wouldn't have allowed it then there would have been no match on red and no one would have advanced to the finals. If there was only one team I would have had to cancel red out of the whole thing.

I thought the matches were going to be way longer (30-40 minutes) like they were on live. Once I saw that they were literally over in a couple minutes I thought it would be fun to do 3/5 instead so it was a slightly longer event for you guys.
ngl, sounds like planning was the main downfall

whats the point of making a rule if you have no way to enforce it?
wouldnt a multi server test of tactics still have red push through even if only one team?
and i feel like thinking ahead could have cured everything, even brackets you could have opened then closed a week before hand to give time to see who is coming.
then theres blues date during superbowl.

again, i dont think there is anything malicious or anything but, more planning/less rule changing>

curious btw what the thought was behind banning different clickies and spells and fighting stage size though.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:15 AM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ngl, sounds like planning was the main downfall

whats the point of making a rule if you have no way to enforce it?
wouldnt a multi server test of tactics still have red push through even if only one team?
and i feel like thinking ahead could have cured everything, even brackets you could have opened then closed a week before hand to give time to see who is coming.
then theres blues date during superbowl.

again, i dont think there is anything malicious or anything but, more planning/less rule changing>

curious btw what the thought was behind banning different clickies and spells and fighting stage size though.
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You can’t be the best of red if you don’t compete against anyone. You can’t win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didn’t do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldn’t have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you can’t plan for and you have to adjust.

I’m done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. I’m not sure why.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You can’t be the best of red if you don’t compete against anyone. You can’t win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didn’t do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldn’t have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you can’t plan for and you have to adjust.

I’m done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. I’m not sure why.
can only imagine the work you have put into this and thankful we had the chance to have an event on Red given how long its been since the last one. looking forward to the Blue and Green events!
Old 02-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Orc

Quote:

sorry but i just feel you're wrong.

IMO, if someone drops out of the tournament, their enemy should auto advance, not switch the rules around..(btw if 5 teams total someone would have to auto advance anyway.)

same thing goes for changing rules on the fly, same thing goes for planning.

again, you say planning wasnt a problem but yet u say you didnt post the rules early (you did, even the ringer rule which was last added was a couple days before hand)

if a huge effort went into these im super underwhelmed, if thats the case i can plan and host some (im not guilded and could care less who wins) events and not do any of that if this is the case.

feels like excuses for lack of planning and huge oversight just how bad changing the rules right before or mid event is.....

you want to have a test of tactics, have a test of tactics....but dont call this one and dont overlook how bad doing that stuff actually is (rule changing)

(not trying to be a dk, but if ur job is to put something put a number on it and you put a letter, im not going to tell you good job just because.

(again im not mad at you, and im thankful for something over nothing, but dont overlook the bad points of the something just because you made it, be better, accept criticism without it being personal)
Old 02-09-2023, 02:35 PM
Senior Server Guide

Banning Shuriken of the Tranquil from the event. We've had some concerns this week with how powerful it is and it is indeed too powerful for this event. The item was hitting for 400 consistently with spikes close to 1k. Fully geared players were dying in less than 8 seconds which is just too over powered.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Banning Shuriken of the Tranquil from the event. We've had some concerns this week with how powerful it is and it is indeed too powerful for this event. The item was hitting for 400 consistently with spikes close to 1k. Fully geared players were dying in less than 8 seconds which is just too over powered.
test of a specific tactic (ftfy)

classic change<my feels change

just have everyone make a lvl 1 ogre and beat eachother with rusty swords, winner can be best of the best....otherwise, this just feels pigeonholed into oblivion because its not what YOU wanted.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:53 PM
Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKPFAkP0bg