Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 10-14-2022, 02:46 PM
Kobold

swapping is not worth it outside of BIS gear where you have 1500 ATK and you're swapping in the epic purely for the +ATK bonus

otherwise you're going to lose a ton of damage waiting for the slower delay weapon's last swing to fire after the swap
Old 11-13-2022, 02:39 PM
Kobold

You gotta find things to make combat more interesting as a rogue. Weapon swapping isn't much of a gain but it's the journey that counts ;p Other almost-wastes-of-time you might consider are bow-kiting things you can't solo, and sneaking into mid level dungeons to solo interesting targets (the Tae Ew Archon makes for a pretty epic solo fight)
Old 11-26-2022, 12:02 AM
Kobold

Weapon Swapping or Hot Swapping was mentioned in UN as a bannable exploit. The Staff released a reminder that if a player is caught doing this they can be banned for it.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weapon Swapping or Hot Swapping was mentioned in UN as a bannable exploit. The Staff released a reminder that if a player is caught doing this they can be banned for it.
Can you clarify the situation where this is bannable? I can see using like a programmable keyboard to game the system (especially like bard instruments) but people swap out weapons after avatar procs, etc. I do know “hot swapping” logins via IP Exemption is bannable, just can’t find anything related to weapons.

Not debating the principle. Just making sure I don’t do something wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-26-2022 at 12:32 PM..
Old 11-26-2022, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a discord or notes from the UN? Could this refer to Monk swapping staff to get offhand hand to hand swing?
Old 11-27-2022, 01:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Imo, you really need to back up this claim. Weapon swapping happens all the time. people swap out for stave of shielding procs as one example. MANY other examples could be given. I have searched the P99 web page and forums for this rule and have come up with nothing.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 11-27-2022, 01:37 AM
Orc

He's trolling. Hot swapping is using an IP exemption or VPN or such to /Q on a character on one account and immediately log into a character on a different account.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:02 AM
Kobold

I'm not at home at the moment. I'll try to find the post I saw when I get home. It is possible that I may have confused terminology. I thought Hot Swapping was switching weapons out in between strikes to increase DPS. I can't remember the exact statement that the Staff Member released. It is possible they were referring to Hot swapping between accounts. I'm not sure, I'll have to review it later.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hot-Swapping refers to /q and quickly changing characters that either have an IP exemption or using a VPN. Weapon swapping is not Hot-Swapping.

As for the whole weapon swapping question, the only time that's it's likely worth weapon swapping is when you have a Vyemm fang in Mainhand and Vulak dagger in the Offhand.
You swap in Epic for backstab and then swap back to Vyemm fang to maximise the extra damage from the damage bonus while also having a 15 damage dagger in Mainhand for backstabs with the highest attack possible
Old 11-27-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Just use the crystalline spear you got from Vox pre-kunark and never upgrade. Be loyal to your weapon and it will be loyal to you.
Lost but not forgotten.