Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

You don't think there's a difference between movies and video games?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

yeah one teaches you how to pull the trigger, one shows you.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ever notice how like, progressives think that war movies should emphasize the horrors of war? The sad loss of the main characters, the loss of all your favorite characters? Death is real, no more bullets bouncing off people! No more john wayne! END more military propaganda in film! They've shouted for years.

But then they say video games and movies does not cause violence?

Like they think they need to teach people with film and movies... even with social shit like how not to be racist, the movie teaches people that.

Or if a kid wants to be president one day, they have to see someone that looks like them be president in a movie first.

But if you even broach the subject of violence and sex in movies causing people to be more violent, and more promiscuous in their lives.

OHHHHHH that's off limits! NONE OF THAT HERE BUDDY! Get that churchy shit OUT!

Seems suspect to me.
Actually from what I read about that nutjob he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder decades ago, and his father gave him a mace hoping he would only hang it on his wall.

The guy went off his meds and went nuts. He actually couldn't attend his first court appearance because of a psychotic episode. Yeah, great idea giving him a weapon.

I don't think it was games or movies that did it, that was just a joke (hopefully obviously lol). But I don't think the rise in school shootings has nothing to do with the rise in first person shooting games either. They're not a direct cause but there's a certain desensitization and familiarity with gun violence caused by them making the mentally ill exposed to it now a threat to the innocent. The internet isn't helping either.

I grew up in the 80s, full of violent action movies (Rambo, Arnold movies etc.) but only like Atari and Nintendo games. We didn't have a school shooting problem then. I'm not saying it's because our videogames were archaic but there is a correlation.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-11-2022 at 01:56 PM..
Old 10-11-2022, 02:21 PM
Banned

If a person is walking around with a gun, they are probably just a redneck conservative, and no one bats an eye

If a person is walking around with a baseball bat, maybe they’re going to a baseball game

But if a person is walking around with a samurai sword or medieval weapon and not at the Renaissance Festival or wearing a cosplay outfit, call the cops because they’re probably crazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2022, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if a person is walking around with a samurai sword or medieval weapon and not at the Renaissance Festival or wearing a cosplay outfit, call the cops because they’re probably crazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Banned

Try walking around with a gun when you’re black

Or even just taking a jog, unarmed
Old 10-11-2022, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have.

Don't judge people so quickly.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok /puts on black makeup

/gets fired from my job

Aw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2022, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have.

Don't judge people so quickly.
Lol’d
Old 10-11-2022, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not saying it's because our videogames were archaic but there is a correlation.
Yeah but to be fair, I'm not saying that they make people do one thing or the other.

But they can desensitize, or activate something in some people.

If the very idea that movies can leave people "thinking" then that means one about killing can numb someone from doing the same.

Or make them think much harder about it...

There is a very clear narrative among the establishment that media does indeed have an effect on societies behavior, if not we wouldn't be so worried about which actor plays ghingus khan.

And if we're willing to say that, then we need to admit that violence and sex in movies does the same, no?