Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-07-2023, 01:04 AM
Dr4z3r Dr4z3r is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B][CENTER]Weapons with the following spell effects attached to them will not be allowed; Knockback, Fear, Invisibility, and Shrink.
Just wanted to be super-clear on this as it related to Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher (https://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeb...Frigid_Gnasher). It seems like it would be fine to equip the item, but clicking it is of course prohibited. Did I get that right?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-07-2023, 03:54 AM
Nyrod Nyrod is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to be super-clear on this as it related to Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher (https://wiki.project1999.com/Breezeb...Frigid_Gnasher). It seems like it would be fine to equip the item, but clicking it is of course prohibited. Did I get that right?
Honestly would be surprised if you were able to get a cast off. It's a very small square to fight on and you stand still and you die. Guess that depends on the team makeup though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Visceryn Visceryn is online now
Senior Server Guide

Visceryn's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,472
Default

I chose to allow ringers for red because you guys all share accounts so much it's impossible to keep track of it all anyways. I was working solo and had no time to actually verify if there was ringers or not anyways. Plus if I wouldn't have allowed it then there would have been no match on red and no one would have advanced to the finals. If there was only one team I would have had to cancel red out of the whole thing.

I thought the matches were going to be way longer (30-40 minutes) like they were on live. Once I saw that they were literally over in a couple minutes I thought it would be fun to do 3/5 instead so it was a slightly longer event for you guys.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-08-2023, 01:48 AM
jinxy12 jinxy12 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I chose to allow ringers for red because you guys all share accounts so much it's impossible to keep track of it all anyways. I was working solo and had no time to actually verify if there was ringers or not anyways. Plus if I wouldn't have allowed it then there would have been no match on red and no one would have advanced to the finals. If there was only one team I would have had to cancel red out of the whole thing.

I thought the matches were going to be way longer (30-40 minutes) like they were on live. Once I saw that they were literally over in a couple minutes I thought it would be fun to do 3/5 instead so it was a slightly longer event for you guys.
ngl, sounds like planning was the main downfall

whats the point of making a rule if you have no way to enforce it?
wouldnt a multi server test of tactics still have red push through even if only one team?
and i feel like thinking ahead could have cured everything, even brackets you could have opened then closed a week before hand to give time to see who is coming.
then theres blues date during superbowl.

again, i dont think there is anything malicious or anything but, more planning/less rule changing>

curious btw what the thought was behind banning different clickies and spells and fighting stage size though.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-08-2023, 03:15 AM
Visceryn Visceryn is online now
Senior Server Guide

Visceryn's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ngl, sounds like planning was the main downfall

whats the point of making a rule if you have no way to enforce it?
wouldnt a multi server test of tactics still have red push through even if only one team?
and i feel like thinking ahead could have cured everything, even brackets you could have opened then closed a week before hand to give time to see who is coming.
then theres blues date during superbowl.

again, i dont think there is anything malicious or anything but, more planning/less rule changing>

curious btw what the thought was behind banning different clickies and spells and fighting stage size though.
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You canít be the best of red if you donít compete against anyone. You canít win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didnít do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldnít have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you canít plan for and you have to adjust.

Iím done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. Iím not sure why.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-08-2023, 05:18 AM
Nyrod Nyrod is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You canít be the best of red if you donít compete against anyone. You canít win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didnít do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldnít have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you canít plan for and you have to adjust.

Iím done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. Iím not sure why.
can only imagine the work you have put into this and thankful we had the chance to have an event on Red given how long its been since the last one. looking forward to the Blue and Green events!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-08-2023, 01:09 PM
jinxy12 jinxy12 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You can’t be the best of red if you don’t compete against anyone. You can’t win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didn’t do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldn’t have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you can’t plan for and you have to adjust.

I’m done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. I’m not sure why.
sorry but i just feel you're wrong.

IMO, if someone drops out of the tournament, their enemy should auto advance, not switch the rules around..(btw if 5 teams total someone would have to auto advance anyway.)

same thing goes for changing rules on the fly, same thing goes for planning.

again, you say planning wasnt a problem but yet u say you didnt post the rules early (you did, even the ringer rule which was last added was a couple days before hand)

sign ups were like 24hrs? 48hrs before? not even?

if a huge effort went into these im super underwhelmed, if thats the case i can plan and host some (im not guilded and could care less who wins) events and not do any of that if this is the case.

feels like excuses for lack of planning and huge oversight just how bad changing the rules right before or mid event is.....

you want to have a test of tactics, have a test of tactics....but dont call this one and dont overlook how bad doing that stuff actually is (rule changing)

(not trying to be a dk, but if ur job is to put something put a number on it and you put a letter, im not going to tell you good job just because.

(again im not mad at you, and im thankful for something over nothing, but dont overlook the bad points of the something just because you made it, be better, accept criticism without it being personal)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-09-2023, 02:35 PM
Visceryn Visceryn is online now
Senior Server Guide

Visceryn's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,472
Default

Banning Shuriken of the Tranquil from the event. We've had some concerns this week with how powerful it is and it is indeed too powerful for this event. The item was hitting for 400 consistently with spikes close to 1k. Fully geared players were dying in less than 8 seconds which is just too over powered.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-09-2023, 02:48 PM
jinxy12 jinxy12 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banning Shuriken of the Tranquil from the event. We've had some concerns this week with how powerful it is and it is indeed too powerful for this event. The item was hitting for 400 consistently with spikes close to 1k. Fully geared players were dying in less than 8 seconds which is just too over powered.
test of a specific tactic (ftfy)

classic change<my feels change

just have everyone make a lvl 1 ogre and beat eachother with rusty swords, winner can be best of the best....otherwise, this just feels pigeonholed into oblivion because its not what YOU wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-09-2023, 02:53 PM
jinxy12 jinxy12 is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 30
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFKPFAkP0bg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.