Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-03-2023, 04:01 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Planar Protector

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 986
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you come to red I can buff u with my 51 cleric in the AM. Exp is pretty fast there. Tbh. It's way more fun frim a nostalgiac perspective plus public ooc.

I don't remember being mean to u. U where on my friends list.

Tbh. EQ is good to play in 15 minute intervals every few hrs at my age. Makes it way less strenuous and much more enjoyable just to revisit the old world we all know and love.

If you've never played a big character like a troll or ogre i recommend u lvl one up through the rathe mnts area! And guk. Remember if you pull up nexto the lvl 5 green frogs at the zl u can safely kill the bigger ones without worrying about them running and stuff!
that's nice of you!

i've got a 60 druid and a bunch of random 40s and 50s. think i have two clerics in their 50s bc i wanted a gnome and a high elf lol. i was actually on red day 1, whenever in november 2011 i think? casey taught me some neat kiting methods i'd never known before.

maybe i'm misremembering about you being mean. the last character i tried out was an ogre shaman, but then people started being weird. i'm kinda over the weird toxicity stuff.
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2023, 04:05 PM
magnetaress magnetaress is offline
Planar Protector

magnetaress's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Inside of you.
Posts: 9,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's nice of you!

i've got a 60 druid and a bunch of random 40s and 50s. think i have two clerics in their 50s bc i wanted a gnome and a high elf lol. i was actually on red day 1, whenever in november 2011 i think? casey taught me some neat kiting methods i'd never known before.

maybe i'm misremembering about you being mean. the last character i tried out was an ogre shaman, but then people started being weird. i'm kinda over the weird toxicity stuff.
Can't hurt to have more than one cleric or druid imo. Can leave them in convenient spots or just use one to buff newbies.

My cleric is my 3rd I've leveled to post 50 and I've the itch to get her to 60 again.

Red seems a lot less toxic lately. Just ignore perdition. Like they aren't even on there.
__________________
Apophis is closest to earth on 2029 April the 13th (a friday) lol
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-03-2023, 04:12 PM
Basanos Basanos is offline
Banned


Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 1,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao loser bluebie. jk (kinda) you seem alright.

i miss vallon zek so much. what do you think it is about EQ that keeps you coming back? is it just nostalgia or is this actually the best video game ever? i don't even play video games anymore but often find myself fantasizing about EQ lore, and the way you can roleplay as fun interesting elves.

like what would it actually be like to worship cazic thule as an erudite? thou art fear wtf.
The short answer is that the game is generally harder than a lot of modern comparable games but with even a smidge of skill you can still do things solo. I rarely grouped, and raided even less. I was always too sloppy of an alcoholic to be tolerable in group settings.

I like tradeskills and the ability to do long boring camps while I did something else, like reading or homework when I was in school.

When I first started this game back in 1999 I was working overnight shifts in hotels, typically alone. Barring a disaster like some drunk shit being beaten nearly to death with a vodka bottle or guest trying to fight me, most nights I'd play for hours.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-03-2023, 04:55 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Planar Protector

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 986
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't hurt to have more than one cleric or druid imo. Can leave them in convenient spots or just use one to buff newbies.

My cleric is my 3rd I've leveled to post 50 and I've the itch to get her to 60 again.

Red seems a lot less toxic lately. Just ignore perdition. Like they aren't even on there.
xD

the last time i played it just felt like everyone was the same toxic personality. ooc was filled with the usual conspiracy theory nonsense 24/7, whenever people were talking at all. like there's a reason i don't spend my time on 4chan. i just don't worship entropy the way others seem to.

on live i got to act out my sadistic impulses, but it was interesting because other people wanted to play the chivalrous hero. you can be anyone you want on an everquest pvp server, and on red99 everyone picked the same lol. no one even cares to rp anymore, which i will always love.

the social interactions are what make EQ the amazing game it is, and is what i'm always craving that newer MMOs never have. at this point red is beyond dead, sadly. i'm really hoping there's a pvp server 2.0 sometime. if i'm aware of it, i'll be there day 1 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The short answer is that the game is generally harder than a lot of modern comparable games but with even a smidge of skill you can still do things solo. I rarely grouped, and raided even less. I was always too sloppy of an alcoholic to be tolerable in group settings.

I like tradeskills and the ability to do long boring camps while I did something else, like reading or homework when I was in school.

When I first started this game back in 1999 I was working overnight shifts in hotels, typically alone. Barring a disaster like some drunk shit being beaten nearly to death with a vodka bottle or guest trying to fight me, most nights I'd play for hours.
that makes some sense, i guess. we've all done our fair share of soloing at one point or another. it's very cool how everyone has a different reason for enjoying eq. the team/guild politics back on VZ were incredible to experience. fantasy racism was wild, back before blatant racism became mainstream again irl.

soloing, tradeskills, and long boring camps. three reasons i would never pick for liking eq lol.
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-03-2023, 05:19 PM
GinnasP99 GinnasP99 is offline
Planar Protector

GinnasP99's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,551
Default

I'd like to speak with you today about the health benefits of removing pigs from your diet.
Pigs are a filthy animal, they're scavengers. A pig will eat anything. This is a bit gross, but a pig will eat it's own dead children.

Remember that thing from when we were kids "you are what you eat" ? Give it some thought.

Anyways have a great day, and God bless.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Chortles Snortles Chortles Snortles is offline
Banned


Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 911
Default

forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious posting
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-03-2023, 05:23 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Planar Protector

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 986
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to speak with you today about the health benefits of removing pigs from your diet.
Pigs are a filthy animal, they're scavengers. A pig will eat anything. This is a bit gross, but a pig will eat it's own dead children.

Remember that thing from when we were kids "you are what you eat" ? Give it some thought.

Anyways have a great day, and God bless.
it's a red meat high in saturated fat. carcinogenic, and eating in excess may contribute to heart disease and other gross things.

i absolutely limit my intake!
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-03-2023, 05:42 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Planar Protector

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 986
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious posting
who is my main forum account? i'm dying to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Basanos Basanos is offline
Banned


Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 1,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious posting
Don't be so cynical, even prisoners get mail
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-03-2023, 07:09 PM
magnetaress magnetaress is offline
Planar Protector

magnetaress's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Inside of you.
Posts: 9,534
Default

Yes. Pork isn't Kosher. Also certain cuts of loin.

Pokesan is the expert here tho.

However. Don't starve your self if poor. Just eat wisely and strive to improve your diet.
__________________
Apophis is closest to earth on 2029 April the 13th (a friday) lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.