Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's just a pipe dream, but back on Veeshan we used North Freeport for our market zone for... some reason. It would be nice if that got shifted a bit, although I know people will naturally gravitate back to EC out of habit.
We were GFay on Tunare. Not much better than having that music at all times.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's just a pipe dream, but back on Veeshan we used North Freeport for our market zone for... some reason. It would be nice if that got shifted a bit, although I know people will naturally gravitate back to EC out of habit.
i remember this! it was weird when i came back to play on P99 and everyone was talking about the EC tunnel. i thought NFP was the default everywhere. i wonder why it became the de facto trade hub only for veeshan? does anyone know other servers where NFP was the main trade hub?
Old 09-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Kobold

No idea if I'll have time to play, but this sounds great.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 09-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, class penalties are in until they are removed via timeline
Sweet thank you LLandris and whole team for always sacrificing your time for us nerds!!!

<3
Old 09-13-2019, 03:12 PM
Kobold

I'm hoping for Gfay as auction zone. It's always been EC for me.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.
+1 , simple solutions to complex problems, truly professional!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfofthebla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd do $26 a month if we could disable the login screen for hyper elitists like this
how is wanting to restore the game back to it's original state elitist?
Old 09-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Aviak

I don't think people understand that an MMO needs players. 1,000 people isn't that many. If you split it into two servers you might as well just go play on your own private server by yourself. There will be no economy.

I'm wondering if the fan boys here are just blindly praising and have no actual play time in this game. Lists are not classic. Part of the classic experience was putting in the hard work and now it's just being given to you
Old 09-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

pras