Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Trading Hub

Old 02-10-2024, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Undelete Discord, P99 is so boring now that you won't even be tempted to go back.
Old 03-03-2024, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just gonna level with you - this will probably be impossible to find. There are only six out there on Green (including the one that came over from Teal) and i know for sure at least half the owners really treasure them/treasured them before quitting.

As the owner of one, I can tell you I wouldn't consider trading mine for anything other than a pre-nerf fungi stick (the one legacy item I didn't get on this edition of elf sim. Was there for one but lost the roll to the only one our little crew saw reeeeeeeeeee).

I can also tell you that Artelius has quit permanently and in his last will and testament wanted it deleted on stream. None of us who have access have had the heart to do it yet though.

I'm almost certain Carceret won't trade theirs, especially not for beads/WDH/manastones (they already got)

That leaves three others. Think those went to Glimrock/Dalbo/Exxedeus originally and probably bounced around their close friends all these years later.

Good luck though! Just wanted to let you know how tough this search will be and what you'll probably need to bring to the table to even get negotiations started.
The pre-nerf fungi staff is worth WAY more than the scimitar since more classes can use it. I would say the staff is the most valuable item in the entire game. The tunic is the best item in the game, currently, though.

Unfortunately, plat is practically useless on P99 once you hit the millions, since nobody is willing to sell legacy items + everyone quit so you can't find them anyway. That's why I wish account buying, selling, and trading was allowed. Would give people something to spend plat on, to buy accounts with no-drop legacy gear (like guises or firepot binds).
Old 03-03-2024, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Default an opinon

I disagree, account and item buying is tacky and run of the mill. The server(s) just need a hard reset when everyone agrees it would be the most interesting thing to do. Which, I would say is now for sure.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Mistwalker is priceless as far as I'm concerned. Don't think I'd even trade it for a pre-nerf fungi staff.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-05-2024, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Pre-nerf fungi staff I get, tons of utility useable by all classes one of the rarest things out there, funny I was just asking the other day if they ever dropped on P99, surprised to not see even one since being on Green considering I remember them coming up for sale back in classic when high end items weren't sold as much.

This item doesn't seem that great...10/25 weapon with a combat pet proc that only does one round of attacks and then despawns?!? Struggling to see the utility there. Seems about as useful as having a manastone in ToV.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:57 PM
Large Rat

I guess the most utility would be pet tracking if for some reason you HAD to be on your ranger and wanted to pet track. Obviously you're missing the important thing though and that's the coolness factor!

Same reason people love DE masks so much, they're just damn cool. So utility be damned, I WTB a scimitar of the mistwalker but doubt anyone parting with one. In the off chance someone does want to sell, I hope they think of me.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalindl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess the most utility would be pet tracking if for some reason you HAD to be on your ranger and wanted to pet track. Obviously you're missing the important thing though and that's the coolness factor!

Same reason people love DE masks so much, they're just damn cool. So utility be damned, I WTB a scimitar of the mistwalker but doubt anyone parting with one. In the off chance someone does want to sell, I hope they think of me.
Thought about pet tracking, then thought to myself well druids can just summon a pet...way easier then procing one for pet tracking, overlooked ranger though. Glad there is one bonifide utility for this item, $2million price tag is now warranted.

DE mask has a lot of utilities: Ultravision, faction in evil towns for banking/merchants, and can be used as a self cast junk buff.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

When the pet could stick around and get buffed to the gills, then yes, it's 'neat' at 50, but not much utility.

The plat you're spending for 15 hp regen and snare that doesn't stack with the regen line... you could just pay a priest to follow you around and heal-buff you lol.

However... the manastone. Most OP item ever. Literally irreplaceable.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Buying other ppls accounts? Do u guys like wearing other men's underwear too?! So haggard. Yall probably pretend u earned it all too if u bought someone else's accts. The whole point of the game is to build your own character lol tf
Old 03-06-2024, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Giving rangers access to a controllable pet for things like pet tracking and pet pulls is pretty sweet. Sure, you could just use a brazier but it's usually better to have the option of procing it over a 1-shot consumable. Best tracking skill in the game + pet track + bind sight. No other class can do all of these things at once, and the sword is the limiting factor.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>