Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-11-2024, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a follow-up what about adding the "without a level requirement" caveat? I've never played a pally and would like to - but having a hard time picking what weapon to search EC for...

-Mcoy
if you got lots of plat, MDS for low lvls

just hard to re-sell
Old 01-11-2024, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just hard to re-sell
Depends on the level, due to the damage caps. Levels 1-19 something like Guard Captains Mallet would be better, since your damage is capped at 10 and then 14. MDS would be a 10/30 or 14/30 in that level range. Mallet would be 10/20 or 11/20.

MDS would only be ideal for levels 20-29, since the damage cap is 30. Once you hit level 30 a Reaver is going to be better and cheaper. I'd use something like Granite Face Grinder for levels 20-29 since it is 29/36 and a lot cheaper/easier to sell. I agree with you, MDS is hard to sell.

TLDR: Something like Guard Captains Mallet (Level 1-19) -> Granite Face Grinder (Level 20-29) -> Reaver (Level 30+). You could buy all 3 in EC at the same time, and the total price would be cheaper than MDS on both servers.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-11-2024 at 12:20 PM..
Old 01-11-2024, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something like a Jade Mace or better ratio to 30. Reaver 30-55. Narandi 55-60.

Don’t spend big plat on a good ratio 1h. All droppable ones all low dps. At least the Jeldorin is a good tank tool.
Thanks for the tip! Guess I'll save my money then.

-Mcoy
Old 01-12-2024, 01:57 AM
Fire Giant

I've always said I'd do the 14/24 mace to 20 then swap to Reaver. There's some sub-optimizations you can do but buying and selling takes time and you're gonna shred through the low levels anyway.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just hard to re-sell
I take it MDS is:

Massive Dragonclaw Shard

Yeah, no worries there. I'm a broke cleric - couple k's the limit, lol.

Thank you for the good suggestion though! I'd definitely check it out if I could afford one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR: Something like Guard Captains Mallet (Level 1-19) -> Granite Face Grinder (Level 20-29) -> Reaver (Level 30+).
This is very helpful, thank you. The reaver's not a magic weapon though - is that a dealbreaker? Is there a list of mobs (beside ghouls and wisps) that I'd need to swap weapons for? I think I actually have a Guard captain's mallet somewhere, so I've got at least a start! Now I just need to stock up on some crusty armor, and grab a stein or something to offset the -cha for pacify...

-Mcoy
Old 01-12-2024, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take it MDS is:

Massive Dragonclaw Shard

Yeah, no worries there. I'm a broke cleric - couple k's the limit, lol.

Thank you for the good suggestion though! I'd definitely check it out if I could afford one.

This is very helpful, thank you. The reaver's not a magic weapon though - is that a dealbreaker? Is there a list of mobs (beside ghouls and wisps) that I'd need to swap weapons for? I think I actually have a Guard captain's mallet somewhere, so I've got at least a start! Now I just need to stock up on some crusty armor, and grab a stein or something to offset the -cha for pacify...

-Mcoy
Thats why I'm not a big Reaver fan myself. If you're solo its fine you can control whats up but I'd rather group and not be limited to where we can go.

If you're grouped your dmg matters far less anyway. Argent Protector is a great weapon for the money. Probably your best bet on "couple k" budget.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thats why I'm not a big Reaver fan myself. If you're solo its fine you can control whats up but I'd rather group and not be limited to where we can go.

If you're grouped your dmg matters far less anyway. Argent Protector is a great weapon for the money. Probably your best bet on "couple k" budget.
Agreed, Argent Protector is a great choice too level 30+ if you are doubious about Reaver being non magical.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Indeed it does appear so - thanks! I'll prob swap over to that once the dmg cap lifts.

Thanks everyone!

-Mcoy
Old 01-12-2024, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

If not soloing then just use your sword of pain clicky for melee?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-12-2024, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not soloing then just use your sword of pain clicky for melee?
Sword of Pain is an SK only weapon. The clickie on it is Grim Aura. Are you thinking of a different item? The Paladin equivalent is called Sword of Blessings, but it's clickie effect is a disease and poison cure, 7 second cast time.