Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question for Nilbog / anyone with the bane spells:

Are wizard banes requiring belly cast on beta? Myga is a BITCH to find.

Iirc they shouldn't require a belly cast as they do not on the live test server, although lures etc still should (and also do on the test server). I'm not finding a lot on this either way.
Not sure on this. Needs discussion.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Nil,

Add Translocate: Combine to the May 8, 2001 spell patch. It is in the source quote, but I accidentally left it out of the summary.

NVM I see it is already added in an earlier post.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Additionally, this is in a thread I posted in 2010. Not sure where the actual allakhazam link is, but indicates the addition of ring/circle Surefall as well as Velious rings in November 2001. Is this correct?

Link for post.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=307

Also the Surefall ports should be sold by the Ranger merchants instead of the Druid merchants according to the comments.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Project Manager

Pending update,
-Translocate:Group will not drop until ~Apr2001
-Cannibalize IV will not drop until ~May2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link for post.
Also the Surefall ports should be sold by the Ranger merchants instead of the Druid merchants according to the comments.
Surefall ports will be sold by Aleena Lightleaf and Hendricks, in ~Nov2001
Old 10-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Yaw the links I paged through said stuff about how it worked like manaburn with no belly cast required and reference the plague that was Aaryonar on casters / this spell. Giant bane thrown in because dragon faction guilds lost they damn minds nerf after nerf after nerf.

Don't have dragon bane on beta, but on my run with Faceless Order on Live Test... it didn't need belly cast.

There's a patch note that states a time where the bane line didn't have a recast timer too and you could spam it. Here's the notes and thread where Alarti and I get real giddy about it.

Quote:
•Hsagra's Wrath and Porlos' Fury now have a 5 second recast delay.
Same patch as this change for timing purposes:
Quote:
•Wind of the North, Wind of the South, Markar's Relocation and Tishan's Relocation have had their additional restrictions removed, and can now be cast from any zone where other similar spells can be cast.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Project Manager

Was Conglaciation of Bone released with Velious, during Velious, or later?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Project Manager

West Wastes spell drops finished - whew.

That was the last zone that needed them. Now, as far as spells go, I'm left with the following questions:

-Should Rushka Deklamoor sell Strengthen Death as part of the Feb2001 update?
-Primal Avatar: was it released with Velious, or during ? Should only drop in Sleeper's Tomb afaik.
-Conglaciation of Bone: was it released with Velious, during Velious, or after? From what I see, it only drops from Derakor and Vindicator. Seems weird.
-Should the bane spells be exempt from bellycast rules? If so, it's already working like that.
-Anything that hasn't been addressed here. Particularly involving pre-Velious zones not available for testing on the beta server.

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question for Nilbog / anyone with the bane spells:

Are wizard banes requiring belly cast on beta? Myga is a BITCH to find.

Iirc they shouldn't require a belly cast as they do not on the live test server, although lures etc still should (and also do on the test server). I'm not finding a lot on this either way.

http://rrinnoruuk.yuku.com/topic/203...t#.VE_YC2dOVyI

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=177&t=69785
No. You dont need to be in melee range for banes. They WILL land as long as in range. The drawback to the spell is that it will only work for certain mobs and below is the list of working mobs.

Look at this graffe post at Post #12 by Qaman (even though he is talking about Fabled, Fabled is an improved version of the original dragon ) , #18 by Banghi and #21 by Celebairn

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...Spell-Reflects

Below is the list of "banneable" mobs

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...ght=Hsagra%27s

Hsagra's Wrath a.k.a. Giant's Bane:

Derakor the Vindicator (Kael)
Narandi the Wretched (10th Ring Quest)
King Tormax (Kael)
Velketor the Sorcerer (Velketor's Lab)

Porlos' Fury a.k.a. Dragon's Bane:

Lord Yelinak (Skyshrine)
Telkorenar (ToV West)
Gozzrem (ToV West)
Lendiniara the Keeper (ToV West)
Dozekar the Cursed (ToV East a.k.a. Halls of Testing)
Aaryonar (ToV North)
Lady Mirinella (ToV North)
Lady Nevederia (ToV North)
Lord Feshlak (ToV North)
Lord Koi'Doken (ToV North)
Lord Kreizenn (ToV North)
Lord Vyemm (ToV North)
Vulak`Aerr (ToV North)
Ventani the Warder (Sleeper's Tomb)
Nanzata the Warder (Sleeper's Tomb)
Tukaarak the Warder (Sleeper's Tomb)
Hraashna the Warder (Sleeper's Tomb)
Last edited by Decad; 10-31-2014 at 02:16 AM..
Old 10-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Primal Avatar: was it released with Velious, or during ? Should only drop in Sleeper's Tomb afaik.
Seems correct.

EQShaman.com confirms that it only drops in Sleeper's Tomb.
https://web.archive.org/web/20011206...allspells.html

Primal Avatar Alt 375 +100 Strength, +100 Dexterity, +100 Agility,
+224 Attack
DOES NOT require an Emerald to cast. Found in Sleepers Tomb (No Drop) recast delay of 3 minutes.

Quote:
Conglaciation of Bone: was it released with Velious, during Velious, or after? From what I see, it only drops from Derakor and Vindicator. Seems weird.
Doesn't seem to be a lot of information about Conglaciation of Bone. It isn't listed on necro spell sets at numerous sites through mid-2002. The earliest references I'm seeing are mid-2002. I haven't seen any "brand new spell" type posts, just it showing up in the spell listings.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
West Wastes spell drops finished - whew.

All information I see says ST only - No Drop scroll as well. I would assume that it was in at launch, but most guilds didn't make it into Sleeper's Tomb until a few months after so no way to tell 100%.
Closed Thread