Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2021, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Having the toughest time deciding. Mage or Necro?

Been on this server for a while, started on day one. Rerolled too many times to count trying to figure out what class to take as a main. In that time I've traded out gear in EC for a new class, would play it for a few days, then go back to trade it out again and repeat the process. In all that time the highest level I've reached was around 25 on a couple characters. Those were a mage and a necro.

I'm still uncertain at this point but I think those are the two characters I've narrowed it down to, in terms of fun and what I'm looking for in a class. Before I take any of them further I had some questions regarding the later levels. One of the big goals I have in this game is to one day see raids and kill gods and dragons. Been into EQ since the year 1999 but that is something I never got to do. I want to make sure I'm playing something that will get accepted to a raid one day. With the level of population of those two classes it is something I worry about, especially necromancer.

Other factors I'm wondering in comparing the two classes are;
-Soloability, which class can do more?
-Dungeon zone clearing, if I went back to a lower level dungeon to explore/kill stuff, which one would be better at that?
-Group usefulness, when I get the opportunity to join them.

There is another concern too, regarding the epic. I'd love to one day earn an epic but I hear the Magician one is incredibly balls-to-the-wall hard. I also heard the Necromancer one isn't much easier.

Can you guys help me decide what to play?