Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can just hold right mouse button down to strafe with a or d
Thats not how you win races, or kite mobs, or be sure of tags.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
things like this are actively reducing reasons to play quarm

if it's gonna mirror p99, people will just remain on p99
Yeah it's been getting a bit weird lately. Originally it seemed that the idea behind the server was classic EQ with some tweaks to make the game more fun, but that seems to be getting peeled back.

For example, no hybrid exp penalty is a great change because exp penalties are a terrible way to try to balance the game. So then why now nerf pet class exp by 75%? The justification is that Enchanter charm is too strong, but screwing over 3 other classes (which aren't even particularly strong classes) in the process just makes zero sense.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then why now nerf pet class exp by 75%? The justification is that Enchanter charm is too strong, but screwing over 3 other classes (which aren't even particularly strong classes) in the process just makes zero sense.
This is not the case though, its 50 if solo, or a split as group member if more than 50% of group damage
Old 09-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not the case though, its 50 if solo, or a split as group member if more than 50% of group damage
It was originally 75%, I guess it was changed to 50% a couple days ago, but none of this matters because the entire idea is bad and nonsensical.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:20 PM
Banned

Beta changes gonna happen in beta. I expect some smaller changes will occur even after launch. Folks may misremember how much p1999 has changed over the course of its lifetime. The only constant is change afterall.

For those worried about all the changes, it might be best to wait until near the end of the month when Secrets makes the final announcement of Launch with finalized ruleset.

For those that want to have input in those changes. Involvement in beta, play time with feedback, and good faith correspondence on Discord is getting dev responsiveness. They are listening.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Involvement in beta, play time with feedback, and good faith correspondence on Discord is getting dev responsiveness. They are listening.
Except on this one particular issue.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:48 PM
Kobold

One man's idea of bad and nonsensical differs from another man's idea of bad and nonsensical.

Personally I think it's nonsensical to want to play classic EQ and also demand a bunch of modern features in it.

I think it's nonsensical to have warriors getting the same exp as hybrids when classic warriors are abjectly terrible and the worst class in the 1-50 game.

I think it's nonsensical to put in mid-Luclin pet exp rules when charm is already the most OP thing in the game, many players make mages just to race to the level cap and necros solo group content like the lord room and fear mobs.

To me, your ideas are nonsensical.
Old 09-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I think it's nonsensical to want to play classic EQ and also demand a bunch of modern features in it.
Considering the work that Secrets has put into custom QOL stuff like third person mousewheel I have a feeling that most people who are interested in this server would disagree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's nonsensical to have warriors getting the same exp as hybrids when classic warriors are abjectly terrible and the worst class in the 1-50 game.
If you hyper focus on a specific segment of the game you could consider a lot of different classes as being terrible. Sure, warriors aren't so great while leveling 1-50, but they're still #1 in HP and mitigation and will end up main tanking 99% of raid content even in the vanilla game. They're nowhere near terrible in classic, and they keep getting better with each expansion.

Quote:
I think it's nonsensical to put in mid-Luclin pet exp rules when charm is already the most OP thing in the game
If Enchanter charm is the problem being targeted here, then why not target Enchanter charm specifically? Why is the solution to charm being too strong to nerf the exp of 3 other completely unrelated classes? And do you realize that this actually ends up affecting Enchanters the least since they can just break charm at low HP and nuke the mob to get full exp? There's no logic here.

I've said this before but stealing experience is literally the worst way to handle any sort of balancing issue. It affects who gets invited to groups (and probably not in a way that you expect, its hurts melee characters in certain situations), and also promotes people watching parsers to micromanage DPS output instead of just playing the game. While soloing it feels super bad to lose half exp just because a spell got resisted etc. There's a bunch of really obvious reasons why this is a bad mechanic, that's what I mean by nonsensical.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds amazing! Are you married to PoP as the end of life or would you consider Gates and/or Omens if the server voted for it?

I love PoP era but Omens era is almost as awesome imo.
I just giggled at that interaction. Hey fren.
Old 09-06-2023, 10:11 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Where are my buff timers?
Pending a patch.
GIEV DOT DAMAGE NOW
Closed Thread