Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 04:13 PM
Banned

Do you dare to roll self found hardcore?
Old 09-22-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear for clickies to reset the GCD on TAKP you need to double-click them? I hope that's not the case on PQ, or will be 'fixed' in a future update. That sounds like something small but potentially a deal-breaker for me. I like the cadence of spell > clicky > spell on p99 instead of having to mash my clicky key twice, that sounds really tedious to do that every single time.
It's double click right now yeah.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's double click right now yeah.
Right now, has Secrets talked about fixing it?
Old 09-22-2023, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now, has Secrets talked about fixing it?
No idea, I just assumed it was one of those "well this is how it worked on EQmac" things. (I never played EQmac so idk)
Old 09-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm like 97% sure it was intentionally done in era to stop GCD clicking.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-22-2023, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

I just asked and Secrets replied he's not fixing it if that's how it was in-era. I didn't play back then so I have no idea.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone rolling a necro and going to stay that race after Kunark comes along?
Yeah.

Dark Elf sitting regen + meditate with Hide is better than Iksar regen while FD for frequent AFKs. No 20% exp penalty goes even farther with AAs and 60-65 when at the same time the HP regen gap closes a bit with AA/gear.

I don't often find myself in a situation where an extra twitch to the cleric during a prolonged fight will save us either.

Also Ultravision much > Infravision though night darkness isn't as bad on TAKP as P99 green. Per my style above...I probably won't get a guise.

No hate to my lizard brothers...I'll just take the quality of life over a little min/max power. Not a ton of fights that an Iksar can handle that a lesser race can't.
Old 09-23-2023, 12:45 PM
Kobold

So i been playing the BETA but i really hate how mouselooks work in there, trying to look up with the mouse, makes you look down and viceversa, plus is super clunky AF...
Old 09-23-2023, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you dare to roll self found hardcore?
Give me 20 years back on my meter, sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't afford to risk blowing an o-ring these days. But who knows. I like to gamble.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Does anyone know how clickies worked back in classic-PoP era EQ? Secrets said he would look into the issue of having to double-click clickies like goblin skull earring or rod of glamor, etc. for the gcd reset on the condition that double-clicking wasn't classic.

Seems like an arbitrary line to draw since there are other non-classic things on PQ, but that's his decision. It's not even certain that it could be fixed, but at least he's willing to look into it if it's indeed classic.
Closed Thread