Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Server is very fun.

The game feels harder compared to P99, and I'm pretty sure exp is slower too. Combined with the older client I'm sure this will keep a lot of people away but it feels great to me.

Just hit level 9 earlier and it felt massive. Message Wizurg for SoW.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why we're moving over to the Evolution client long-term. I'm not happy about the state of the TAKP client, either, and over the next 6 months we'll be adding support for Evolution which should handle device resets natively, and also contain the "EQ Cam" patch that was introduced in LoY that stayed all the way through Titanium.
Thanks for the timeline on this. I had a few RL friends ask me for an eta on Evolution I can let them know about it now. If Evolution is in place as an option before Kunark then PQ server has a long life ahead of it.

New server rocks. Great attitude from you as a dev and your team deployed with you on server launch. You weren't fazed so far dealing with server bumps though the limitations of Discord as a communication channel showed with so many on at launch. Hopping onto Twitch for real time code editing to fix server code was a particular treat. More server bumps to come I'm sure - more likely from small part of player base that pushes rules to the envelope in ways that aren't good. Cool seeing it all play out in real time. Grateful.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:47 PM
Kobold

I want to apologize for how dumb Gfay's spawngroups are
Old 10-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Aviak

Anyone playing on Quarm experiencing a horrible side-strafing jitter? It's giving me a headache.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:46 PM
Banned

Suggestions:

Use:
/inspect off

Set:
Windows Defender exclusions https://wiki.takp.info/index.php/Set..._on_Windows_10

Each PC is different. Try setting your fps lower. Some have had luck with 30 fps, 40 fps, and 45 fps.

60 fps is default and should work great for most. Others can set unlimited fps on some machines and get up into the 100s, 200s, or higher no problem.

See below for use of /fps and /rfps by Secrets in discord. You can also use the ini file.
>>
Toxic/Vegains/Kattywompus — 09/22/2023 6:03 AM
what is /rfps
Secrets — 09/22/2023 6:03 AM
reload fps
Toxic/Vegains/Kattywompus — 09/22/2023 6:03 AM
does that work for all of us?
Secrets — 09/22/2023 6:03 AM
yes
also /fps
works on takp client too
Toxic/Vegains/Kattywompus — 09/22/2023 6:04 AM
does it only work for those part of the eqclientini
or does it reload the entire thing?
Secrets — 09/22/2023 6:04 AM
works for those 3 options
its all custom
>>

The future Evolution client eventually fixes this.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Defense being hard to raise if you neglect it is a very, very well known phenomenon and is entirely accurate. Our skill-up difficulty values are pulled from the client. If you don't keep up with raising the skill then it becomes very hard to raise because it can only raise on a successful miss. If the skill is near zero then mobs will almost never miss you if your skill is super low and you keep leveling. The math on avoidance is precise.

In fact I always tell new players that they absolutely need to tank level 1 mobs to max defensive skill once they hit level 4 otherwise they'll outpace their skill and won't be able to raise it without arena visits.
Here is a great tip for new players on the PQ server from dedicated TAKP dev Torven that shares underlying Defense skill up code.

-Make sure to work on Defense skill early.
-Upon death at level 9 you spawn at bind point with full gear and no exp loss.
-Upon death at level 10 you spawn without gear but still no exp loss.
-Upon death at level 11 you spawn without gear and begin to lose exp upon death.

Plan accordingly and get those Defense skill points early prior to level 9 and level 10 so you don't end up with a high level character with very low Defense skill.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:51 PM
Banned

Good to know. I remember it being a big deal back in the day to get defense up. Didn't they patch it so you could raise it if you pulled a bunch of greens by like kunark? I remember standing in the newb yard vs greens getting smacked just to get up into the 40s defense wise.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

During Velious on live you could go into ToFS or wherever and stand on a trap which had a chance to raise defense. Just keep standing there and bingo, just a time thing. Did it for a few sit down characters that were allergic to being hit.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

What's everyone's char names on Quarm? I'll add you to friends list. Maybe we can get a p99 grp going! I'm playing Kell the Ranger, Thrice the Wizard, Kellian the Bard and Buddy the Paladin.

Still having a tough time deciding which to main. And based on how slow exp feels I'll definitely be focusing on just one.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-05-2023, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

I’m still on my half elf warrior of the seventh hammer, Justin. Very slowly crawling up levels, but at least my defence skills are capped for level now (didn’t get my first one until 3 hours of game play had elapsed!)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread