Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Like it or not, pre expansion Warcraft is probably going to be as close a successor to EQ as there will ever be.

- Classes mimicked EQ classes, by and large, with a little more flexibility.
- Community was excellent before cross-server BGs were instituted.
- One generally had to work to get decent gear
- The raid game wasn't insanely easy like it is now.
- in depth lore, questing, storyline.

The largest differences I think were the lack of a need to group for general level advancement and removal of any death penalty to speak of.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethstang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
project 1999 fills a very specific niche - classic eq, with a slow rate of expansions introduced. No other server released will do this. For those who have chosen this place because of these reasons, I have a very hard time thinking people will jump ship.

Our community rocks, and Im just glad I get to be apart of this. Thankyou to the volunteers who make this happen!
The problem with this is that it's not "a slow rate of expansions introduced." It's at the rate that the devs can get out Kunark and Vellious and right now there is NO eta on Kunark. Not having Kunark in yet is a major reason a number of my friends are hesitant about rolling here and would roll on a time locked progression server, because Kunark and other expansions have a known time table.
Last edited by UrsusMajor; 06-29-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Kobold

I'll never give SOE anymore of money..never ever again.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you srsly think that after the failure of eq2 (besides eq1 PoP< ) there will be a change "backwards" with eq3?

on a side note there has been vanguard and we all know what happened to that game
Vanguard was actually a very fun game IMO but it had a zillion bugs and release should have been held off for at least another 3-6 months.

Gameplay was not the issue with Vanguard.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we dont pay for this +1, and we don't have to worry about power gaming guilds trying to push expansions.

i'm comfy here, will stay. Nil and the rest of the team are doing a great job...and doing better then most live management.
the reason i don't think I would enjoy live style progression servers is power gamers pushing the content faster than I can see it, even if i don't want to see the current raiding content, getting to enjoy the group content and other parts of the game is important to me. P99 has it right IMO.
Closed Thread