Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

I am camping AM right now.

Just curious... how many GLS you got right now?
Old 02-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if the 2 blues for a level 13 bard amount holds true on green, that's about 52-53k exp per GLS. That's about the same amount of exp you'd get for killing a level 26-27 mob in an outdoor zone. Quite an impressive bit of quest exp.

50ish bags is never going to be enough to earn 30 levels though, because before level 10-14 depending on exp bonus/penalty, you hit the 11% cap per experience event and aren't getting the full 52k exp per turnin, and because exp requirements scale up greatly as your level increases through the upper teens and beyond. 16 bags of GLSs WOULD be enough to go from about level 10 to level 20 though (without an exp penalty), while also making you over 1kpp from the quest rewards. Still pretty impressive. 50 bags would take you from 10 to 27ish (and yield 3-4kpp in quest rewards).

The scope of this project is amazing, and I hope you find your trade! SMR - 3500pp isn't an overly expensive way to get PLed all the way through the teens and lower 20s compared to hiring a druid or something, and it wouldn't take as long to do the turnins as get the PLing.

Thank you for posting in my thread. I've found your insights to be very informative and I had not considered the mechanics of things like the single experience events under level 10. The wiki lists the minimum level for this quest as 10, but that may just be recommended due to this reason.

I find your assessments to be congruent with the basic estimates I had performed, and I think that this information here will be useful to both me and any potential buyer to work out a fair deal for this trade. I will gladly update the thread once successful, as I do intend to remain steadfast.

I do not want to give an exact number on how many GLS I have in stock, but I will say that it is more than 300, and the offer includes storage and transferring service right at the quest turn in. I can also even offer high charisma vendoring of the Concordances of Research to maximize the plat return.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Arogarn, I'm game. Let's talk # of GLS. PST to Mannastone or my mule Epicnewbiequest, or send PM on forums.

I am all about encouraging newbs to farm stuff for epic items - your story has tugged on my heartstrings - but it's got to be a LOT of GLS.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 02-08-2020 at 11:15 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 03:33 AM
Kobold

Hey everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the itchy Gossamer linens that have plagued my sensitive gnomish skin have been discarded for the luxuriously comfortable silks of a Shining Metallic Robe!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was able to meet with an adventurer late last week and we both found a satisfactory accord where he traded the spoils of his adventuring deep in the undead riddled halls of Froglok kings, and I was able to help out a young ranger friend of his by allowing him to complete the accord that the gypsies had set up with the Arcane Orders of Norrath.

In total, we settled on 350 Greater Lightstones, or 44 bags worth over 6 young druids I hired to hold the stones. In doing so, he was able to advance from a Ranger of the 12th season, all the way past level 20. I didn't have them all consolidated, but someone asked for a screenshot of some of the Greater Lightstones.

Now that I've climbed back up to the comfort and luxury that I had grown accustomed to before being assailed by a group of brigands in my home of the Steamfont Mountains, and stripped of my robes, I can venture forth, further into the world, and seek fame and fortune as I continue to master the art of the Arcane. Thanks to my buyer and to everyone else who supported me in this venture, I'm very happy to have achieved this goal.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Why on earth did you farm 44 bags worth of lightstones?

Grats tho
Old 02-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why on earth did you farm 44 bags worth of lightstones?

Grats tho
For those sweet sweet robes of course. He is level 18 and wearing better gear than some 50s still in their oracle robes lol.