Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Kobold

If you aren't posting anything constructive here, don't post it at all Aadill.

As far as I know, giants in EverQuest have always seen Invis and some see Hide. That is how it has always been. I have searched the patch note archive on SoE's website as well as old Vox kill guides/Permafrost guides, and not one of them said the giants didn't see invis, Vox pathed a certain way, or it was an exploit to levitate up the cubby. I haven't seen any solid proof being posted by you guys other than "lol my friend says so".

Nobody minds getting changes made to the game. If you want to change the pathing for Vox, do it. Don't add a leash to a mob that shouldn't be leashed. Don't QQ about a mechanic that was always used by nearly everyone(levitate) now. Naggy wasn't supposed to get a leash til Kunark, and that happened already. I'm done with this thread.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just taking it from a logical point of view. I don't know that it did that for a fact personally, and friends have confirmed that it should go through the door, although it just seems logical that she cant fit through the cubby. Not saying it didn't happen, but when other people can confirm it for me, along with logical reasoning, the answer should be pretty obvious.
Not trying to start an argument here, but how is it more logical that she warps through a smaller hole covered by a rock? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is how you enter the lair through the giant area - through a small player sized hole covered by a rock. Just don't see how that makes more sense than her going through the cubby.

Again, however you want to do it works for me, I'm sure everyone on the server will adapt to whatever change is made - it's not like the way it is now gives any one group an advantage over another, just like a change will not benefit any one group. It just seems to me there is a lot of "a friend of mine remembers..." and "I don't know, but it makes more sense..." statements in here arguing for a change, but no actual hard evidence to support it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

I dont know why this is even an issue, multiple guilds pulled vox out of her lair (through the back, or the front), their were multiple guilds that fought her in the lair as well, /shrug. It's also amazing people are trying to explain out logistics of what a mob can and can't fit through on everquest, whether it be p99 or eqlive mobs could always do things that would make you look twice.

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox5.html

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox6.html

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox7.html

took me about 4 minutes to find these, Im sure if I spent actual research time on it, could find a bunch more.

I guess the physical logistics of a dragon being able to have half her body through a solid object (in this case a wooden door) and her head phasing into solid rock is something that escaped those badass live developers as well.
Last edited by Gwence; 12-21-2010 at 07:13 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess the physical logistics of a dragon being able to have half her body through a solid object (in this case a wooden door) and her head phasing into solid rock is something that escaped those badass live developers as well.
Actually it didn't completely. Mobs "run in place" for a while before making it through a tunnel/door if they're bigger than the opening. During Kunark, a friend of mine used to solo the apes outside of Dalnir using a weighted axe on his craptastic geared warrior by collision kiting them down to 50% before engaging for actual toe-to-toe melee. They still eventually get through, but the collision detection on the model box is indeed implemented on live.

There was also collision detection for feared mobs, that would 32k themselves if they ran into a wall for too long (or fell under the world.) That however, was a horrible feature.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know why this is even an issue, multiple guilds pulled vox out of her lair (through the back, or the front), their were multiple guilds that fought her in the lair as well, /shrug. It's also amazing people are trying to explain out logistics of what a mob can and can't fit through on everquest, whether it be p99 or eqlive mobs could always do things that would make you look twice.

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox5.html

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox6.html

http://www.kupka.net/eq/vox/vox7.html

took me about 4 minutes to find these, Im sure if I spent actual research time on it, could find a bunch more.

Do you guys clear all the giants or leave them up? If they are left up then ya, I would say you guys are voxfags.

I think the only argument that holds weight is using the pathing through the tunnel to bypass the giants.

Not really a big deal regardless. I'd sit them near zone-in just so people run into them and die, imo.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

All of those pictures indicate that Vox pathed through the tunnels and not the "backdoor cubby" which is the entire point of this post. The pathing of Vox, even by your own reports, is incorrect.

A solution was that the mob would be tethered the same way as Nagafen. Considering the fact that many people are aware that Vox was capable of leaving the lair, tethering doesn't make sense according to CLASSIC Everquest. However, seeing as live has been the basis for fixes and the fact that Vox was eventually tethered due to the fact that Vox was warping through walls, it is a reasonable solution. If the pathing of Vox were fixed to follow the long tunnels through all the giants, that would also be a viable solution.

From Rogean's post, it sounds like the idea of tethering would probably easier to implement due to not having to deal with collision detection and whatnot.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Kobold

A lot of mobs warp through walls, not just Vox. Are we going to tether those? How about the Kunark beta, where 50% of the zones are warping through walls/structures? Plane of Fear - you can fear mobs through the houses. Pathing has always been buggy on EQemu. If you tether one mob, tether every named. Just have a zerg fest at the spawn.

If you pull an LDC in SolB - you can make it path two different ways. Same with FG's. Same with a lot of mobs in a lot of zones. The issue will be there regardless of it being a raid target or not.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Last edited by Ponden; 12-21-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of mobs warp through walls, not just Vox. Are we going to tether those?
I think the point is, pulling Vox through a wall in order to bypass the giants trivializes the fight that much more. It should be a risk/reward scenario. Sure, you can pull her to the zone in, however you must deal with the 6-8 Ice Giants that she is supposed to path through.

I think Lady Vox, a raid encounter, deserves a little more attention than a LDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Your own screenshots are working against your argument. Vox was able to be pulled out of the lair, yes. She was pulled through the tunnels and Ice Giant area to the double wooden doors.

You should not be able to pull her through a wall to bypass the giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Orc

What I see here:
All IB argue for no tether, all DA argue for a tether.

One guild can't all have the same opinion. It looks like you're just arguing for it for personal reasons. I'd like to see an IB come and argue for tethering or a DA argue for the current situation to continue.

Either way, I'll throw my 2 cents in on this. I highly doubt that the designers of EQ put an elaborate lair in Permafrost to house Vox, without intending you to actually clear it. However, it appears as though it was possible on classic, so if the server GMs decide we have to put up with this classic feature we'll all have to learn to live with it. In the interest of actually having an encounter I think it would be a better solution to not allow her to leave the lair, but it's not up to me.