Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Wouldn't this be very similar to pulling Phinny to the zone line?
You can do that too but it is considered an exploit despite the fact that it was occasionally doable on live. I know people tried that on this server and were given a finger wagging for it.

How can anyone say with a straight face that warping a boss mob to a dungeon zoneline is a legit tactic? That's just ludicrous.

So far, no evidence has been provided that Vox was ever able to path through the cubby. As others have stated before, Vox pathing in to the giants hallway was never in question and is in fact something that even I remember as recently as late Velious.

The question remains, is skipping the entire dungeon something that trivializes the encounter? Personally I think it absolutely does. And if the encounter has been trivialized by taking advantage of a game flaw then it is considered an exploit according to the official rules.
Last edited by guineapig; 12-21-2010 at 04:53 PM..
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I see here:
All IB argue for no tether, all DA argue for a tether.

The original bug report has to do with the fact that Vox is not pathing through the correct area before coming out of her lair, not that it shouldn't be. Rogean suggested the idea that tethering the mob would be a solution, because the pathing/collision detection on the server does not match live and presumably would be harder to accomplish. Considering the evidence provided by Gwence's pictures, we should all agree that Vox should running through the ice giant tunnels, but not using the "backdoor cubby" that you can lev to via the King room. Vox is seen running through the doors to the giant area. That's pretty clear-cut.

If it is too difficult to code that then the other solution, as seen with Nagafen, would be to force Vox to be tethered. This was eventually done on live, anyway, and like other things on this server are some "classic" elements that have been altered due to preference of easier coding.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Im not argueing for or against a tether really, but their was no tether on live classic, and this is suppose to emulate classive live so.. yea.

the screenshots just showed she would come out of the lair, because people were saying she shouldnt be able to fit through a hall or a little rock crevice.

we do get giant adds on the pull and they either get splitted off or we kill them with vox lol, you all act like this is some kind of exploit when realistically we're just pulling the entire lair and dealing with it at the zone in or some other arbitrary location that isnt the actual lair.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is suppose to emulate classive live so.. lol, you all act like this is some kind of exploit
The pathing is wrong.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

we do get giant adds on the pull and they either get splitted off or we kill them with vox lol
you get 2 ice giants, 1 magi, and 1 priest, all of which are circling Vox's lair. What you do not get are the 2 Icy terrors, spider, and 4 giants Vox would/should aggro when she paths appropriately through the only entrance.
Last edited by azeth; 12-21-2010 at 11:49 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 AM
Kobold

We get all the trash with Vox. We just have mage/necro pets and offtanks kill it all while Vox tries to kill our MA. Lets be real, these mobs are easy.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

1) many mobs can path many different ways. For example, I can pull Magi Rokyl through the lava tunnel OR I can pull him through the four spawn room. Just because someone posts picture of a mob pathing one way, does not mean it cannot path another.

2) regardless of pathing, the encounter is still trivial to just about every guild that engages Vox, and even with her pathing through the giant tunnel, getting her to the zone-line either solo, or with an add or two will not be a difficult task.

Changing where she paths won't change the ability to pull her to zone or king room - tethering will. Basically what we need to ask ourselves are the following questions:

-Do we want it to be how classic was, or how we feel the developers intended it? Because those two things are often drastically different.

-After deciding how we want it to be, we need to decide if we are willing to make changes based on people's memories or if we need to supply hard evidence. I seem to remember A LOT of people in a certain guild getting angry about a mob in perma getting a pathing change based on memory, and now many of those same people are asking for a drastically larger change based on evidence that is equally inconclusive. (note: just because she can path one way, does not mean she cannot path the other, and thus, isn't really conclusive evidence).

Like I said, short of tethering her, it won't really change anything so I really couldn't care less - I just find it interesting the arguments being made in this thread when compared to situations in the past.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pathing is wrong.
Prove it. Read my previous post before you cite Gwences screen shots as evidence.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-After deciding how we want it to be, we need to decide if we are willing to make changes based on people's memories or if we need to supply hard evidence. I seem to remember A LOT of people in a certain guild getting angry about a mob in perma getting a pathing change based on memory, and now many of those same people are asking for a drastically larger change based on evidence that is equally inconclusive.
true, but rogean admitted it's a bug within wall mechanics (specifically collision #s).

edit: also lol at expected tags i.e da faggots/ib cumg's
Last edited by azeth; 12-22-2010 at 10:18 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:\ suddenly we're in R&F
Best to just ignore it and stay on topic. Would imagine the forum mods will handle people flaming outside R&F shortly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]