Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 04:55 PM
Skeleton

Default Can we use multi-button mice

The question is, can we use multi-button mice, like Razer or Steelseries.

Sorry for the dumb question. I think I saw a post that sounded like the answer was no. Most post seem like the answer is yes.

I don’t think mouse commands 1-8 will work on the Eq client. Is binding a keyboard key per mouse button ok?

Sorry again for the dumb question. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2021, 05:32 PM
Banned

Red face

If you program them for keypresses with like their little hotkey apps sure. So u can make ur lil side button input ctrl alt x for example.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

From the Play Nice Polices (left off some bolding for clarity):

Quote:
5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule. In addition, any program that strictly reads log files is acceptable.
In other words, it's perfectly legal, as long as you don't program the mouse button to do 2+ things. Making it just press one button, like any keyboard key can, is effectively the same as pressing a keyboard key, so it's allowed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:49 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who put that icon!

I only suggested doing 1 action with it.

My hotkeys r is like altshiftS, a, d, q, e, w etc....

Shurely modifiers+a single keystrokes legal
Old 12-15-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shurely modifiers+a single keystrokes legal
That'd be my thought, but the PnP doesn't clarify. I mean, you could certainly make the argument that in classic times they didn't have "CTRL + X"-pushing buttons ... so maybe they do really mean a single key?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

I'm seeing streamers with map applications despite "no third party programs"...so as long as you know you're not hurting anyone and just want to click a side button to hit a hotkey like sit/call incoming then I don't see how anyone could be annoyed.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seeing streamers with map applications despite "no third party programs"...so as long as you know you're not hurting anyone and just want to click a side button to hit a hotkey like sit/call incoming then I don't see how anyone could be annoyed.
lol
Old 12-16-2021, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Hey Siri, get me walking directions to Upper Guk
Old 12-16-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seeing streamers with map applications despite "no third party programs"
Map applications don't interfere with the EQ client (ie. aren't "3rd party programs" in that sense): they're completely separate programs , that just happen to read the log files the EQ client produces. As such, they don't break the rules here.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Map applications don't interfere with the EQ client (ie. aren't "3rd party programs" in that sense): they're completely separate programs , that just happen to read the log files the EQ client produces. As such, they don't break the rules here.
fully open to being brow-beaten though