Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal of the project is to re-create classic EverQuest (ie. EQ as it was circa 1999-2001). There was nothing like this in classic EverQuest, therefore it's a safe bet P99 will never have anything like it.
Suggestion: Patch the game all at once to be as close to classic EQ as possible, then stop patching the game with balance changes that alter people’s characters years later, and leave it as the museum piece it was always intended to be

That’s my suggestion
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-18-2021 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-19-2021, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

People enjoy Everquest because it is difficult. With that difficulty when you do accomplish things it’s more meaningful. If they want something easy play an ez server.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suggestion: Patch the game all at once to be as close to classic EQ as possible, then stop patching the game with balance changes that alter people’s characters years later, and leave it as the museum piece it was always intended to be

That’s my suggestion
They are fixing the servers as they can, based on data and based on coding capability. It's been this way forever.

I just used my first "spell set" ever when they removed them from p99. I had quit EQ before using them on live and came back and never used them. Then I used them and was like "damn this rules" for about 1 week and then they took em away. Sucked.

Other one taht sucked is the on screen compass. Its just easier than always using the ability to sense heading but it went away for classic.

A lot of things.

Gotta make peace with them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are fixing the servers as they can, based on data and based on coding capability. It's been this way forever.

I just used my first "spell set" ever when they removed them from p99. I had quit EQ before using them on live and came back and never used them. Then I used them and was like "damn this rules" for about 1 week and then they took em away. Sucked.

Other one taht sucked is the on screen compass. Its just easier than always using the ability to sense heading but it went away for classic.

A lot of things.

Gotta make peace with them.
Yeah but their next change would require a complete re-gearing of my character. That’s a bit different than my UI needs some tweaks
Old 09-21-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-22-2021, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but their next change would require a complete re-gearing of my character. That’s a bit different than my UI needs some tweaks
I'm sure you'll get the right stuff. It's not like all of a sudden the charisma you have is making your character a bad character. You just have less intelligence or mana than you might have otherwise been loaded with.

Character still okay.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It`s great idea!
Closed Thread