Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Why are we even talking about a green 2.0 when we still don't have a red 2.0??
Old 09-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling if they launched a Green 2.0 and a Teal 2.0 simultaneously, they would both be insanely crowded on day 1 and it would require yet another server. I still think Teal was a mistake, it only took a few days for the level ranges to stratify to the point where people weren't camping single spawns in newbie zones anymore, but I get why they did it.
Maybe initial population will be less on subsequent P99 timeline servers after Green 2019. Like, maybe the novelty will wear off and it'll seem like less of a "limited opportunity" thing. I tend to be optimistic, though.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe initial population will be less on subsequent P99 timeline servers after Green 2019. Like, maybe the novelty will wear off and it'll seem like less of a "limited opportunity" thing. I tend to be optimistic, though.
I think it will really depend how Green 1.0 end of life is handled. If it's dumped into Blue I'm guessing a lot of people will level toons on as many new servers as possible for the manastone investment.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it will really depend how Green 1.0 end of life is handled. If it's dumped into Blue I'm guessing a lot of people will level toons on as many new servers as possible for the manastone investment.
I dunno. Leveling to 35 on a new server to farm 4 days for a manastone that you can collect on your actual server of choice 2-3 years later seems like a dum.. oh what the hell am I saying, of course people will!

That said it's a minority who're willing to farm manastones and yes I do think green generated a fair bit of returning players that we may not see on a new server and that players who started on green will at least some prefer to stay on old green or blue whatever may come to pass. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a Green 2.0 server would have a smaller population than previous Green unless of course the community has grown as a whole since Green launch.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno. Leveling to 35 on a new server to farm 4 days for a manastone that you can collect on your actual server of choice 2-3 years later seems like a dum.. oh what the hell am I saying, of course people will!

That said it's a minority who're willing to farm manastones and yes I do think green generated a fair bit of returning players that we may not see on a new server and that players who started on green will at least some prefer to stay on old green or blue whatever may come to pass. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a Green 2.0 server would have a smaller population than previous Green unless of course the community has grown as a whole since Green launch.
Depends on when Green merges I think. If it merges shortly after the last Velious patch, say Q3 or Q4 next year, not sure we will see a massive influx beyond current pop levels for Green 2.0.

I think part of the Green 1.0 excitement was that Blue has been around for like 8 or 9 years at that p;oint and people were excited for a new start.
Closed Thread