Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablabba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Redgrocer cracks a few jokes, "WTS Knuckle Sandwiches", etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablabba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugly troll (any other kind?) in full plate bearing name of Cornhole smashes in.
Seriously chortled at those 2 comments.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some reason the voice in my head as I read this was Bruce Willis from Sin City. Made it better.
Old ranger dies, new Cleric lives.

Fair trade.

I actually read it in more of a Rorschach voice, but I think Bruce Willis works better.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Kobold

Wtread moar plz. Shit is amazingly entertaining
Old 10-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Little time to play. Small update. Still exciting. Server does not disappoint.

On late. Skipped playing a few days. Friends all 20+ now. Sad. Best weapon in arsenal was long list of friends in level range. Head to crushbone yet again. In perfect pvp range now for griefers but hope less on late at night. Group up with mage I met before, strange forgot to add him to friend list before. Add him now. Add everyone from now on! Only 2 of us in zone. Perfect.

Start off doing usual spots. Some mobs green but still give xp. Lots of xp. Again have to mention how fast server is. Killing everything outside of castle now. New person in zone who group doesn't know. Funny how fear of unknown worse than actual griefer. Med up just in case. Hear Orc trainer describing his hatred for our kind from afar. Time to check in on newcomer.

Stealthily make way up hill, careful to avoid being spotted. Too late, mob and new person both gone. Note to self to camp shield later. Kicking self for having forgotten about it. Huge magic save would be immense. Head back down to castle, now notice Emperor Crush meeting his demise. Also con new person, red and out of range. Phew. Second note to self, Crush's tunic need to be acquired sooner rather than later. As if this zone designed with pvp server in mind!

Grinding it out awhile. Clear surrounding castle. Decide to breach the castle duo. Have lull so not too worried. Things going well, legos, emissaries, warlords refusing to drop bracer, oracles all dying. Guess orcs sent word though. New challenger arrives. Announces presence saying, "I AM HERE TO DEFEND THE ORC CASTLE" or something similar. Forget exactly. Point made. Doesn't seem to bode well for us. Use magical gnome xray power and scout through the castle walls. Window nearby but more fun this way.

Dark elf named Baee running toward castle. We make exit from castle just in time. Baee even con, wielding 1h mace, assume SK. No fun in running when 2v1 so group dueling a bit. Lots of roots, blinds, nothing landing. Nothing left to do but let mage try to kill and heal while out of sight. Seems to be stalemate until mage zones. Says pet somehow warped and training him. Now 1v1 no chance so forced to zone.

Play zone dance game awhile. Boring. Could run to guards. Also boring. Hatch new amazing plan. Going to train her with entire castle. Sure to work. Time tested tactic. Let her beat me up a bit in cb zone, then start running toward castle. Resisting snare few times helps. Reveling in glory of my plan, dark elf still giving chase. Excellent. Make it deep into the throne. Health dropping fast. 100% to 30% in matter of seconds. Uh oh. Rethinking merits of plan but knee deep in it now. Stunned too with Baee whacking me. Mashing DA fast as possible. See beautiful all caps INVULNERABLE messages spamming across screen. I win!

But spam keeps happening to me. Something wrong. Orcs still hitting me instead of enemy. No time to think. Running fast as possible to zone. Somehow must have lost her. No snares being cast. Stamina almost empty. Make it to zoneline, but sure she is right behind me. Chase not over. Only real safety by guards, hoping a dark elf doesn't have that faction. Would be truly impressive. Again moving fast as I can and make it to guards, despite few stuns from orcs picked up along way. Check players in zone. No signs of her.

Explain chain of events to group. Mage laughs, "She has max orc faction"

Oh.

Forgot lengths people go to here just to grief. Should've known better.
Last edited by hablabba; 10-15-2014 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Man I love your stories.

Dark elves start off non KoS in Crushbone. Aggro works differently on this server from live.

I remember one instance from live that might help explain. I was a cleric in guk and a ganker zoned in and tunnel visioned me. I ran from frenzie to lord and then jumped down into the pit trap with this ganker following me and frogs beating on me. Then I hit my invuln and 10 mobs switch agro from me onto the ganker. Ganker tries to run to zone while I camp my aggro.
Here the mobs would keep trying to hit me even though I am invuln and the ganker would never receive aggro transfer unless he was sitting.