Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Aviak

Default Necromancer Skullcap (#8) - Flaxen Lock of Hair implemented yet?

Hello,

i am working on the 8th rank of the Cabilis Necromancer Skullcap Quests (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...kullcap_Quests),
got 7th rank so far.
I got all needed items for the 8th rank except the Flaxen Lock of Hair drop of Chief RokGus, boss of Temple of Droga.

I have killed this mob myself like 30-40 times now without any luck and friends who i asked more than 100 times but noone ever saw this item drop of Chief RokGus.

Iirc the 8th rank of Necromancer Skullcap Quests got implemented with Kunark era aswell, so my question is: is the loot table of Chief RokGus simply inaccurate at the moment?

This is the item he is supposed to drop beside the ones he already does:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20826

Thanks for your time,

Schande - Warlock "Europa"
Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki link says that the Flaxen Lock of Hair drops from chief rok'gus in Frontier Mountain, which is not in sync with this server's time line.

The first posting in the Allakhazam link for the item you need is from 2004, well after the stated time line for the server.

Lucy Item Database indicates that the item was added March 8, 2003, also well after the stated time line for the server. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=12888

Sounds like 7th rank might be the end point for this quest line at least as far as this server goes.

Same issue apply to the monk bracer, shaman cudgel, warrior pike, and shadow knight sword quest lines, these quests/items were broken or incomplete at the time of Kunark/Velious and were not corrected/completed until after Luclin/PoP. Chances of them ever being completed or corrected within the server's stated timeline are slim imo.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Thank you for the infos.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki link says that the Flaxen Lock of Hair drops from chief rok'gus in Frontier Mountain, which is not in sync with this server's time line.

The first posting in the Allakhazam link for the item you need is from 2004, well after the stated time line for the server.

Lucy Item Database indicates that the item was added March 8, 2003, also well after the stated time line for the server. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=12888

Sounds like 7th rank might be the end point for this quest line at least as far as this server goes.

Same issue apply to the monk bracer, shaman cudgel, warrior pike, and shadow knight sword quest lines, these quests/items were broken or incomplete at the time of Kunark/Velious and were not corrected/completed until after Luclin/PoP. Chances of them ever being completed or corrected within the server's stated timeline are slim imo.
Not completely true, Monk and SK quests were indeed fixed by the end of Velious.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because that would certainly be CLASSIC! wouldn't it?

You know doing shit like that really is quite asinine. Why the fuck would you ever NOT put the completable quest in AS IT WAS INTENDED, just because the dev team for Verant didn't catch it or have the time to fix it until then? You actually support that kind of stupidity?
u mad bro?

I don't think he supports what Verant did, I think he was just stating the facts.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Orc

So is this still currently broken on p1999? Sitting in the goblin cave by the BW zone right now hoping i'm not wasting my time lol.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Skeleton

Also curious about this. Is this implemented or still determined to not fit the timeline?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Large Bat

I just finished the 7th skullcap and wanted to know if the 8th was doable ?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Can you guys even get the Iksar Hermit to give you the last step of the quest? I've ground faction out to Warmly with him and he still says I have more deeds to prove myself (I have the cap just before the one with Heart Flutter charges, ie. the combine from Dalnir or whatever).
Old 02-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you guys even get the Iksar Hermit to give you the last step of the quest? I've ground faction out to Warmly with him and he still says I have more deeds to prove myself (I have the cap just before the one with Heart Flutter charges, ie. the combine from Dalnir or whatever).
On live you could say "I am a great sorcerer" to get +brood of kotiz hits. Can't here?