Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Would this transfer affect someone who can see the login server, hit connect and the screen goes black and just freezes? Keep in mind this has never happened before today. Can't login at all.

edit: The screen sort of minimizes to the top left corner, so its black and I can see half of my desktop.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Translation of the OP for you. Try the following 3 things, one at a time, trying to access the game after each one, until it works...

1st attempt...
Open a command prompt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt).
Type ipconfig /flushdns.
2nd attempt...
Edit the file eqhost.txt which is in the directory you installed Project 1999 to.
Change the text there to...
3rd attempt...
In the same file as above,
Replace login.eqemulator.net with 216.59.33.136

Edit - I did not have to do any of these things.

Done all of the above several times, still having issues logging on and zoning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] At the present time I can't even log back in (which is awesome, as I just zoned to PoF :P)
Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Aviak

I was chugging along, died in HHP, it was late Sunday night and said I will get corpse Monday evening after work. (lvl 8, bound in FP...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Got on Monday and started locking up.

At first I was logging in alright, but about 5 to 10 seconds after entering the world I would freeze. In trying to repair this, the freeze started just after hitting "enter world" at the character select screen.

Finally I deleted the file out of my computer, coppied the whole file from my wifes computer onto a memory stick and loaded that back on my computer.

That worked and I am up and running. Not sure what file was corrupted or what it was. Was wondering if it was something in Mondays patch that just didn't agree with my machine.
Last edited by Mady; 05-06-2010 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFuj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would this transfer affect someone who can see the login server, hit connect and the screen goes black and just freezes? Keep in mind this has never happened before today. Can't login at all.

edit: The screen sort of minimizes to the top left corner, so its black and I can see half of my desktop.
I am having the exact same problem. Never had this before. I appreciate any help with the matter.
Closed Thread