Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-21-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Remarkable 2 e-ink device

*Not a paid advertisement.

I’ve struggled a lot with staying organized over the years. Additionally I always find I remember things better and stay on top of things better when I ‘hand-jam’ things. I typically go through stacks of sticky notes per month. Traditional notebooks (Pen and paper) have otherwise been my mainstay but I find I “cross contaminate” my writing from one notebook to the next such that it makes it impossible to find what I need when I need it. Anything on a sticky note gets lost after a day or 3.

I’m a busy professional (physician)

I picked up one of these things a while back and I just had to share how useful I’ve found it. Good for work. Good for not work stuff. Good for scribbling even video game notes.

As far as functions go, it is incredibly Spartan. It doesn’t really have much of anything else. No fancy apps or internet browsing. For what it is, I haven’t found better. Within the scope of its purpose it is about as close to perfect as I think you can get. I tried using an IPad for this in the past but hated the clicking pen on glass and inevitably got distracted at work with all the other bells and whistles.

For those who are at all like me, I do recommend it. It seems most ideal for the artist or professional that relies heavily on sketching, but it has translated well to my medical practice and other leadership jobs I hold.

Hope that helps.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

You told us everything except the name of the actual device [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

I took a guess and googled the title:

https://remarkable.com/

-Mcoy
Old 08-21-2023, 09:27 PM
Banned

This is not a paid advertisement but let me just take a moment to tell you about the Ronco rotisserie oven. You just set it and forget it!

Chicken, steak, kabobs, luscious crab meats, deer parts- it does it all.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:52 PM
Banned

I take notes at work on good old fashioned pen and paper. Which then has to eventually be shredded because it contains PHI. My work is very particular about taking any patient notes on a personal device, there has to be a good reason and a certain level of encryption required. I completely gave up on the idea of finishing charting at home, too much hassle

Completed patient charts get shipped off to some fancy storage company called Iron Mountain. Which sounds like a MMORPG dungeon but is a real company

For taking personal notes the iPhone comes with a built in notepad app. Mine is filled with motivational quotes I hear and like and future appointment reminders
Old 08-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’m a busy professional (physician) not-so-young doctor
The most important question: as a physician, is this device able to improve the legibility of your handwriting?
Old 08-21-2023, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most important question: as a physician, is this device able to improve the legibility of your handwriting?
Sadly no.

As for PHI my work around is I don’t include any when working on the e-ink tablet. When I prep for the day I list entries only by time slot of the appointment without any specific other info (name, gender or dob) - that all goes in the EMR. Beyond that you can password protect it with a crappy 4 digit pin, but I delete any relevant clinical data at the end of the day. It more or less saves me paper and sticky notes in that regard. With normal paperwork I have to fill out routinely I keep blank PDFs on it and can securely email to my work email to print. I hate typing those things out and I can just “wet signature” it before hand. Upload the finished PDF to EMR afterwards and delete the data at the end of the day.

It’s good for leadership meetings, medical director crap and other stuff. If my only job was being a doctor, it’d still be useful but it helps with keeping track of all of the other stuff.

Anywho, thought I’d share
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-21-2023 at 11:21 PM..
Old 08-22-2023, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took a guess and googled the title:

https://remarkable.com/

-Mcoy
Heh: I just thought it was an adjective he was using to describe his new e-ink device [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looks pretty neat. I have a hard time selling myself on a $300 replacement for a $2 notepad ... but if I had $300 to burn, I'd totally get one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

I had looked into one of these but I think at this point it's just my "gear acquisition syndrome" kicking in, already have multiple tablets with stylus capabilities lying around the house that I never use.. would probably end up with another one.