Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

johnsavage squeaked this point in there at the buzzer but it bears repeating:

Even at 50, the SK can summon a level 29 necro pet, which is going to make his dps a lot more comparable to warrior in the first place. And if we were talking sheer dps, we'd be telling him to go monk anyways.. Lord knows warriors aren't exactly dps machines.

One other nice aspect of the shadowknight is the lifetaps: the large benefit of the extra HPs on a warrior are going to be negated by the fact the shaman isn't complete healing you. Since you are going to be relying on piddly heals and regen to keep you alive, you're better off having the option to lifetap.

And the experience penalty won't be nearly as big a deal when you factor in the # of times the warrior would have died that the shadow knight didn't.

p.s. anyone counting on warrior crippling blows is forgetting exactly how hard even karnors trash mobs hit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

I'd also like to add a little something in. Berserk begins at 30% (and less), and with yaks (only an 8 damage weapon), you can do a crippling blow up to 160dmg or so with 200+ str. With a 21 dmg weapon (Blued 2 handed hammer), you can get upwards of 450+. These are just BASIC weapons and anything better only makes killing easier. I've had clerics who enjoyed keeping me alive below 30% in BnB exp groups instead of just hitting cheal. The mobs drop a HELL of a lot quicker, and it's not even dangerous.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

SK is going to give you more options. If you aren't planning on Raiding, go SK. EXP will go faster in duo too, so you won't notice the exp penalty so much.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Warrior is always better than sk imo...

higher base equiped ac soft cap, better gains after soft cap, higher skill levels to complement it. ac is the most useful thing in this game pretty much. more than makes up for some small lifetaps.

only reason for playing a sk would be if u want to fd, which is very useful.

but is 30% less damage mitigation and 40% exp penalty worth fd?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

What about a Paladin? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

SK and Sham combo will be great when kunark comes around. From my perspective though there is going to be a high demand for good warriors in kunark.

When I first rolled my SK I could /who all SK and get maybe 20 max players, now ever man and his dog has a SK.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about a Paladin? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/thread
Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspauldin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only reason for playing a sk would be if u want to fd, which is very useful.

but is 30% less damage mitigation and 40% exp penalty worth fd?
How about spell aggro? When you are duo with a Shaman who is slowing mobs and pissing them off... you don't think instant aggro from Disease Cloud is useful? Until you hit level 37 and yaks start procing, it's hard to compete with SK aggro.

Go Warrior/Shaman if the shaman wants to tank half the time. I want to say warriors are better, I am a warrior. But seriously, for somebody who's not interested in raids who is most likely in a duo situation... SK seems like a better choice.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Kobold

there are proc weapons that will hold agro just fine that he can wear after his first day or 2 of playing, 30-50 is alot slower than 1-30.

infact with the right proc weapons, agro is not a problem at all, and once 37 yaks going to do just fine and pretty decent dps.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd also like to add a little something in. Berserk begins at 30% (and less), and with yaks (only an 8 damage weapon), you can do a crippling blow up to 160dmg or so with 200+ str. With a 21 dmg weapon (Blued 2 handed hammer), you can get upwards of 450+. These are just BASIC weapons and anything better only makes killing easier. I've had clerics who enjoyed keeping me alive below 30% in BnB exp groups instead of just hitting cheal. The mobs drop a HELL of a lot quicker, and it's not even dangerous.
This relies on two things:

Single pulls + a BnB group where warrior DPS actually matters.

Neither is a recipe for mobs dropping quick, or XP rolling in. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Closed Thread