Luclin was the beginning of the end.

AA’s and ssra are the only good things.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Bored customer (level 60 twink) walk into Burger King (Project 1999). "I would like a Big Mac (Luclin)"!"

"Sir, as you see by our menu (developer's statement), we do not have Big Macs (Luclin). If you want this, then why not go there instead (Project 2002, Takp)."

"But I live here! I consumed Whoppers (Velious) and need something more and different! Just think how cool it would be - you fast order cooks (developers) need to get on it!"

"Sir, you can leave if you like."

"What? And abandon my family (alts) sitting in various parts of your restaurant (camps), ready to consume your rare happy meals (phat lewt)!"

Fast order cooks (developers) contemplates kicking (banning) people out of the restaurant, or locking past repeated menu (expansion) requests. He resolves himself to take another stiff drink.

Bored customer (level 60 twink), eventually begins stomping his fat feet he is not getting his way -"Don't worry, I'll be back, asking for Big Macs (Luclin), if not Sliders (Planes of Power). You _know_ it would be kewl!" Suddenly, his bat phone rings and he dives towards a section of the restaurant, knocking over a different small family (guild) while babbling lawyer speak how another family member (alt) just needs this happy meal (phat lewt) over them...
Old 07-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sucks.

Why does Blue, Red, Green or any color P99 server need some almost certainly badly designed custom content? I'm sure they'd try their best and hardest, but the fact is nobody plays P99 to see what kind of brilliant game design ideas the devs have, we play it for the closest thing to Classic there is. Like, the entire appeal is the promise that the devs won't indulge themselves to add post-Velious or custom content.

Keep the faith, keep it classic Nilbog. :<
You seem to be missing the point: they are keeping it classic. There will be a server that's even more classic than our current one, which will progress along the original classic 2-year-ish timeline (and then reset), and which will never have custom content.

It doesn't get any more classic than that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to be missing the point: they are keeping it classic. There will be a server that's even more classic than our current one, which will progress along the original classic 2-year-ish timeline (and then reset), and which will never have custom content.

It doesn't get any more classic than that.
What does that have to do with adding weird custom content to Blue tho?

Like, if what you got out of my post was "it's bad they're making Green" and not "it's bad if they add custom content to any server, regardless of color" idk what to tell you Lora
Old 07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Say what you will about Luclin, but the high-end raid content was a lot more interesting than the pull-to-zone-line-dps-faceroll of classic (e.g., Emperor, cursed cycle, AHR).
Old 07-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Luclin is a zero challenge borefest. PoP could be released right now and most of it would be doable at 60 with no AA, probably everything pre elementals minus ryda dar and maybe bertoxx. Even a lot of EP would be doable
Old 07-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bored customer (level 60 twink) walk into Burger King (Project 1999). "I would like a Big Mac (Luclin)"!"

"Sir, as you see by our menu (developer's statement), we do not have Big Macs (Luclin). If you want this, then why not go there instead (Project 2002, Takp)."

"But I live here! I consumed Whoppers (Velious) and need something more and different! Just think how cool it would be - you fast order cooks (developers) need to get on it!"

"Sir, you can leave if you like."

"What? And abandon my family (alts) sitting in various parts of your restaurant (camps), ready to consume your rare happy meals (phat lewt)!"

Fast order cooks (developers) contemplates kicking (banning) people out of the restaurant, or locking past repeated menu (expansion) requests. He resolves himself to take another stiff drink.

Bored customer (level 60 twink), eventually begins stomping his fat feet he is not getting his way -"Don't worry, I'll be back, asking for Big Macs (Luclin), if not Sliders (Planes of Power). You _know_ it would be kewl!" Suddenly, his bat phone rings and he dives towards a section of the restaurant, knocking over a different small family (guild) while babbling lawyer speak how another family member (alt) just needs this happy meal (phat lewt) over them...
Years ago I made a post referencing this exact problem. The issue isn't that there isn't enough content through Velious. It's that a lot of these nerds are 'playing 3 to 5 years worth of content in 3 to 5 months.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think Luclin would make p99 better:

-AAs
-new content
-Beastlords
-new spells
-other gameplay patches / balancing

I really miss Luclin and I think it was an important expansion that improved a lot on what was lacking before it. Please add Luclin!
No ty
Old 07-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Aviak

I always chuckle when people say that they want to see Luclin on P99. Other servers have Luclin, but they don't want to play there because they don't have a good community. What they don't realize, is that maybe they don't have a good community BECAUSE they have progressed to Luclin and beyond?
Closed Thread