there is no list
Old 07-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned

This wouldn’t happen on Rise of Zek!
Old 07-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Have you even read the rules

There is no lists, only Zuul...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Aviak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19&postcount=9

Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

whoever killed the last ph "owns" the camp until the mob has spawned and been up for a certain amount of time (like, in some cases, 1-2 minutes).

i don't think you are required to be online or in the zone. if you come to a camp and notice that the PHs are dead then you'd better realize that someone else is camping it (and not be a dick about it).

and yes, lists are bull crap. they mean nothing and are easily ignored, abused, changed. the only way to get to the front of the line is for the person holding the camp to be honest or the person who is trying to hold the camp to fail (either die or not be there a couple minutes after the ph pops).

this is why camps with lists are dubious and I don't generally trust them. investing hours/days hoping to get to the top of the list is just that, hopeful. in reality, it might never happen no matter how long you sit there. this is perfectly within the rules. as much as I dislike it, this appears to be the correct classic method of holding a camp and handing it off.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Love how everyone here has a different idea/interpretation of what the rules for camping mobs on this server are. Probably because they arent listed clearly and concisely in one place and are instead strewn across years of different gm ruling/precedents/forum posts. Hopefully one day will be addressed. Raid rules in dire need of such bookkeeping as well.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:47 PM
Kobold

I ain't keeping a "list" for random people that may or may not even be online. If you're a friend, sure; otherwise, you would do well to be present if you think you're entitled to it.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
now how long do u let a afk look at the MOb before you take it?
there is a gm post somewhere saying you have to call a Camp check then wait 15 minutes before taking a mob that is up/camped
Old 07-31-2018, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is a gm post somewhere saying you have to call a Camp check then wait 15 minutes before taking a mob that is up/camped
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2018, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how everyone here has a different idea/interpretation of what the rules for camping mobs on this server are. Probably because they arent listed clearly and concisely in one place and are instead strewn across years of different gm ruling/precedents/forum posts. Hopefully one day will be addressed. Raid rules in dire need of such bookkeeping as well.
You must not know where to look. There are plenty of very well posted rules about raids and camping. Try forum search.

You are also right that whatever the GM who shows up says is going to be, is how it is going to be. That's life. Sometimes both parties honestly think they are in the right...and one (or sometimes both) of them are going to be told otherwise by the GM, if one shows up.

To be honest, if someone is new to the server, the only real rule you should concern yourself with is not to be a dick. This will get you through 98% of the content as you level. When you do bump up against some kind of a real rules question (you decide to camp the AC, etc.) you can get a pretty straight forward and fast answer either in game (guilds are good for asking questions) or here on the forums.

The raid game, btw, is VERY spelled out...almost to the point of absurdity. Part of the reason there are so many guild raid suspensions is because it is actually somewhat easy to step on each other's toes if you don't very deliberately adhere to them.
Closed Thread