Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-26-2018, 06:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Maps?

I'm sure this has already been asked before, but is there a way to get the maps to work in-game? Is there a site where they can be found and downloaded?
Old 11-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Server GM

Nope, not classic. Many players (including myself) use the maps on the wiki.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Someone made a tool a while back that watches your logs, and when you zone in somewhere it opens up the appropriate wiki map. The idea was to make it more like the in-game maps, but honestly I tried using it for a bit and there really wasn't much point: it was simpler to not have to remember to start the program every time, and just open up a wiki page when I needed it.

Two tricks. One: buy a second monitor. Almost any computer sold in the last decade can run two monitors, and it makes looking at maps a lot more convenient. Two: if you use Chrome you can type wiki.project1999.com/ and then hit TAB to go into search mode. You can then start to type a zone name and Chrome will autocomplete it.

After you use the wiki enough Chrome will autocomplete the whole URL as soon as you start typing "w", so then you just have to type "w", hit RIGHT to complete it, type slash, and then hit TAB to search. In other words, you type four keys, then type in a few characters of the zone name, and you're set.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

there is one program this one http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

and all it does is read logs and when sirken was a gm I asked him if was legal and safe to use https://imgur.com/a/XYvAZTZ

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Kobold

If you want, you could bind a hotkey to M or whatever, make it a macro that does something like /say lolmaps, have an app that watches the log for that and starts zlizeq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh! Or maybe just have it watch for the "maps are disabled" line, if that gets logged. hah

P.S.: This is a modification of what's in my Run window that might work:

powershell -command "& {gc 'c:\program files (x86)\sony\everquest\logs\eqlog_playername_project 1999.txt' -wait | select-string -pattern 'map is disabled' | % { taskkill /im zlizeq.exe ; 'c:\program files (x86)\zliz\zlizeq.exe' } }"
Last edited by fzzzt; 11-27-2018 at 09:16 PM..