Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2023, 10:55 AM
Banned

Bots are nicer than hoomans lol...

It's because blizz ruined their game and promoted degenerate shitlords to the meta instead of making a fun game.

And it has nothing to do with skill. It's not skillfull to go on a wiki or wowhead and download the meta template to fill out your characters. There is no skillgap between world first and casuals.

It's all about gambling and making ppl sink time to gamble. They leaned hard into the alogorithms instead of making a fun game with world building and strategy and secrets.

They ruined D3+++ and later with this same very mentaility.

The games are fun for a little bit until you hit the end game and are forced to interact with people on a competitive level. And I'm not saying there shouldn't be competitive gameplay. That isn't the message here. It shouldn't be that competitive gameplay is the CORE end point for an MMO or adventure RPG. It's an extra- bonus for those that wish to partake and shouldn't reward the community with special status and power over other players.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-02-2023 at 11:00 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bots are nicer than hoomans lol...

It's because blizz ruined their game and promoted shitlords to the meta instead of making a fun game.

And it has nothing to do with skill. It's not skillfull to go on a wiki or wowhead and download the meta template to fill out your characters. There is no skillgap between world first and casuals.

It's all about gambling and making ppl sink time to gamble.
It's for normal dungeons only, which even years ago no one hardly runs.
And are meant to gear people for hardmodes, and for classes to learn how to tank / heal etc.

It's also funny how Blizz ruined the game now for 10+ years.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Banned

It's been in steep decline for 20 years, and hardmode should be the only mode. The problem was making normal into something they expected ppl to just solo or not do at all. It got completely neglected as a mode and just left to rott in favor of M+

M0 as well.

M0 should be like M+20 without the affixes an reward like +15 gear

ALso in luie of developing actual content they just started this mode of recycling content through M+ style mechanics, and also what they do in diablo now.

3 modes is fine. Story-normal-and m0 is sufficient and 90% of the player base should be able to complete mythic. It should be like other games too where you can compensate for crap gear with skill. You can't do that on the M+ track, it's and endless treadmill of getting enough gearscore so u can roflstomp an +20 to a +30 depending on ur comp and the affixes that week and it make the game shit for anyone who actually has a brain and individuality.

The way to recycle content would have been to let people scale old expansions up to their level with an optional toggle so people could go back and do old raids for relevant current content gear and experience and stuff. The whole chromie time scaling content down to people and time walking scaling down stats to ppl was dumb and bad backwards way of doing it.

Ion is a mechanics freak tho and he couldn't stand someone doing someone elses old raid mechanics for gear or progression tho lol. I'll give him one thing, he did a good bit of design on eternal palaces raids, he went completely shit tho after that. Also the level squish was dumb. They should have just left the level at 120 and added new content. Squishing ilvl may have been appropriate for older content outside of the scaling system.

Anyway wow is in the same boat as EQ live now. They've bloated themselves into a wall where they can't get new players and the OG players are so gambling addicted they aren't fun to play with anymore because they don't care about RP or adventure or community, just ilvl, builds and gearscore. And using scripts kiddy programs to goblin the auction house. EMU is suffering this too with the advant of people botting and farming and trying to circumvent the rules. And EMU's limited resources to put a kibosh on it.

Do me a favor and watch that youtube vid he explains it better than me. It's worth your time if you are a long time MMO player.

Vanilla EQ- luclin is somewhat resiliant to this because the game can mostly be enjoyed without raiding and end game gear by soloers and small grps of players. It starts to degrade by Pop and afterwards. And i'm not excusing Veeshans Peak or NTOV they are bad zones in that they are just high gearscore loot pinatas.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-02-2023 at 11:22 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I have a friend who introduced me to EQ. I introduced him to WoW. He still plays WoW and it makes me sad to see him still grinding away in that chore of a game.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a friend who introduced me to EQ. I introduced him to WoW. He still plays WoW and it makes me sad to see him still grinding away in that chore of a game.
They have trauma counselors and medication for that.