Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

we are starting a guild for lower level people. the antonica milita. got about 15 people to join in one night. and we were discussing how to make people join server but most importantly stay. a few of the members said they have roomies and friends/family who are going to join server but some have heard people grief and they cant find groups. being here a week i can see a lot of the rumors are true. its not getting people to JOIN the server, its getting people to STAY.

one thing i think would be big. is a server message of the day. with server url, and the new IRC LFG chat. and maybe a link to my thread for the guild on the forum (lol kidding about last one)

maybe the bigger guilds need to lighten up about the hate /screenshots / bull shit they spew. a lot of people think the server is nuts (i mean we are playing a 12 year old game still). so relax. its cool that your 50 and own each other left and right, but some of it is borderline psycho lol. my thread "Neckbeard the Newbslayer" was a joke. I was acctually fixing 2 computers at once for someone and using the 3rd as a means to do so. However it reminded me of the way some of these people would play if they could lol.

just my 2 cp.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

i like big asses on my girls

word
Old 12-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, do you even know what you think? Not 2 weeks ago in another thread (see above), you were begging for your hybrid penalty to go away because beovvulf wouldnt let you join a group, in the name of subscriptions. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously making arguments like a hypocrite. Go confuse yourself with a faction table.
I said make the penalty self only, not shared. I.E. my xp would be even slower.

You are pretty rude btw.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Also If the xp rate was increased more people would enjoy playing Alts, as well as there Mains which would increase groupage at all levels of play.

I for one will have a hard time wanting to level up and Alt with the current XP Grind, I cant even imagine that time sink.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Banned

i for one would love to have a sk alt , a wizard alt , and a 50 mage to farm with

i want to play war as my main and for raids

but at the current rate , lol @ leveling stuff
not happening
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i for one would love to have a sk alt , a wizard alt , and a 50 mage to farm with

i want to play war as my main and for raids

but at the current rate , lol @ leveling stuff
not happening
We don't need a server full of alts, either. What we need is to balance the xp enough to bring new players, yet not make the grind so easy everyone has 5 alts in the first 3 months.

(Not directed against you Steaks, just wanted to bring up a point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What we need is to balance the xp enough to bring new players, yet not make the grind so easy everyone has 5 alts in the first 3 months.

Agreed.

Right now it is something like:

1-10 = 15 hours
10-20 = 35 hours
20-50 = 150+ hours (guessing here)

if we change it to something like:

1-10 = 5 hours
10-20 = 15 hours
20-50 = 150+ hours

We keep players because they're FAR more likely to keep playing once they're 20'ish and have some good gear/spells/pvp/etc, while still keeping 85% of the current grind intact.

Anyone disagree with this suggestion?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

definitely cannot play hybrid at current xp rate

fix pls
Old 12-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprobe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server population has been dropping, for various reasons, but this is causing a negative change for a lot of people. Let's discuss a way to encourage population.

I'm seeing both sides of the camp.

We want it hard, but we also want the people to experience the competition. We want classic experience, but nearly everyone is an expert at everything in the game. Where do we strike the balance?

Up until now I've seen people handle it in two ways: One, slowly but surely level up, shrug the inconsistencies. Two, exploit or use a sanctioned advantage to power through: (repeat quests (mail 1-5), swords, wands, bard AE kiting (8+ hard, 18+ easy).

What it should be: people grouping. EQ has always been about grouping, but many classes solo so effectively they reject grouping where they think they are losing the time advantage.

Suggestion: Raise group xp bonus only, but significantly.

Desired reaction: People group up more, and expect to do so because of the lucrative bonus.

Side-effects: Without changing some tactic mechanisms, you'll probably have a fair few bard kite PL groups where the rest of the group snoozes. Would encourage group-only classes such as warriors/rogs, classes critically missed currently.

Disclosure: I've played a bard on P99, due to obvious advantages I've used bard kiting as my method (20-40 mob kites yield 1-2.5 yellow in 15min drop to drop), though would prefer regular grouped experience to bring the PvP in all ranges, its the journey that counts (10ish+ IMHO, before that its boring for a lot of classes).

TL,DR:
Suggestion: Increase group xp bonus significantly to encourage classical EQ vision and critically, population increase.
I agree I think this would greatly help the community. I do believe this would help increase the population and either way ultimately lead to more groups, which would make it significantly more fun for everybody and all classes would be able to XP with more groups going on.
G Razamanaz [Mage]
R Aprisle Howlingwind [Druid]
Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

1 to 10 takes way more then 15 hours
Closed Thread