Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

View Poll Results: Did you find this spreadsheet helpful?
Yes 8 80.00%
No 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk Resist Calculator

If you're a monk and you need to figure out which resist gear to acquire, use this sheet.

Good Luck.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Last edited by Yaolin; 05-05-2015 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

The group resists (Druids Circle of Winter/Summer and Shaman Shadoo) are 45 Resist if you want to assume best case like you are with GRM and DMF.

Also when you need Poison Resist (Trakanon), MR is basically irrelevant cause he has no MR AEs. Unless you're monk tanking it I guess, then his lifetap and stuff... An MR/DR combo would be useful for Draco/Hoshkar/Zlandicar though!

I'm guessing the drop downs just don't work on my phone cause while some of that is a solid set of gear... There are a few WTF pieces I saw. Like Sceptre of Ixiblat offhand for the 10 FR. Sounds pretty useful if the drop downs have a wide selection of resist gear though. I'll check it out once I get home.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Yaolin with another sexy spreadsheet

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

This is quite useful, thanks!!!

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The group resists (Druids Circle of Winter/Summer and Shaman Shadoo) are 45 Resist if you want to assume best case like you are with GRM and DMF.

Also when you need Poison Resist (Trakanon), MR is basically irrelevant cause he has no MR AEs. Unless you're monk tanking it I guess, then his lifetap and stuff... An MR/DR combo would be useful for Draco/Hoshkar/Zlandicar though!

I'm guessing the drop downs just don't work on my phone cause while some of that is a solid set of gear... There are a few WTF pieces I saw. Like Sceptre of Ixiblat offhand for the 10 FR. Sounds pretty useful if the drop downs have a wide selection of resist gear though. I'll check it out once I get home.
anything magic related from trakanon is unresistable, also his poison AoE has such a long recast time that stacking poison resist doesn't really matter, unless it actually takes you more than 72 seconds to kill him for some insane reason. even if it does take you more than 36 seconds to kill him in the first place, mend will just put you back near full HP after the first AoE hits

i don't think it's at all possible to get 255 DR on a monk in this era, so stacking DR for hoshkar is pointless

the only resist set that actually matters for a monk in regards to PvE is magic resist for pulling

p.s. in regards to this resist guide, you should:
put hand woven leggings instead of shiverback-hide leggings for the FR set
put firewalker boots for the feet slot for the FR set
put belt of tranquility(21% sky haste belt) in the waist slot for the CR set
put fingerbone hoop in the earring slot for all sets but PR
pick a direction for this guide because it's neither based around pulling nor is it based around actually attacking mobs(you're not going to wear an ixiblat scepter for fighting faydedar); if you go with the pulling route put a glowing black stone in primary and a shield of rainbow hues in secondary for every list
encourage people not to be stupid and to make iksar monks instead of human
Last edited by Colgate; 05-08-2015 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

This isn't a guide.... it's a calculator..... you can put whatever items you want into each slot...

The top portion of the calculator has a "Guide" for resists for each mob outside of VP and recommendation for when not to follow it if you choose to.
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 05-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

The spreadsheet will accept any Classic-Kunark item with resists that you input and calculate the resist total from the items you put in there? Sorry I forgot to look at it last night.

And I thought the Deadly Lifetap was resistable. Then again I remember get a ton of partial resists when I tried to solo VS at 65 with my Druid at over 450 MR. So that sounds about right.

I'm still salty they unclassicly made Trakanon not cast Necromancer spells even though I had video evidence from 2001 showing him do just that.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Just pick you slot and choose from the dropdown. If you want to check out the items full stats check the next sheet or wiki it!
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 05-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Primary slot is missing Glowing Black Stone. Top end monks use GBS Primary and Shield of Rainbow Hues secondary for maximum MR.

A Poor man's setup just replaced the Shield with Scepter of Flame for 5 MR/FR. Guess you could swap the two poor-man combo.
Closed Thread