Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Default Flowing Thought not working?

Searched for a thread like this and couldn't find one.

Using White Dragonscale Boots http://wiki.project1999.com/White_Dragonscale_Boots appears to have no effect on mana regen, while they are supposed to have the FT2 effect. Not sure if there's just something wrong with the item or if Flowing Thought is not working period.

Could post a video showing my mana ticking up with the boots on and without if devs request. I appear to be getting 1 mana per tick while standing up and 21 sitting whether the boots are on or off.
Last edited by Troubled; 09-08-2015 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

I have found the 'mana tick' graphical displays very buggy

I have been taking my boots off and on as well observing the differences and I have noticed exactly as you claim however there are times when it seems those ticks are 'delayed' and displaying things that arnt quite there, for example

I have seen the boots properly add the +2 mana regen many many times to my mana ticks, I just dont see the consistency with that, which is what you are noticing. They def work tho, there is extra mana being added to my ticks, its just the display does not always properly catch up to the ticks etc

Playing a caster on this server for a while you should have experienced this when you are medding from empty for 1 spell - you are starting from 0 and medding to the EXACT amount to cast.....you will often notice that when your mana display says you have the amount to cast, it wont work and you actually have 'slightly' less and be forced to continue to med or you try to cast the spell and some dispalyed mana 'poofs'

I believe this is bc the displayed mana amounts ( the ticks and the total ) are slightly off from what your character actually has to use

TLDR: the boots work, the UI displaying mana tick/total is kinda buggy and not very accurate

It would be nice in general if a dev would comment on the mana tick display tho I am not sure that is something that can be fixed, UI client side issues have been very difficult to change from my knowledge of P99 fixes
Last edited by Erati; 09-08-2015 at 10:16 AM..
Old 09-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

also a truer way to testing this as a player without Dev access ( if these boots are giving FT2 vs 1 ) is to get a FT item and rotate with that

I would love to do a test like that but do not have access to any FT1 items to simply see the difference in my mana ticks

all last night tho I tested different things to observe the ticks and did notice the best time I would get an 'accurate' tick is the initial one after removing boots completely, letting mana tick a couple times, then putting boots on

I had a great chance of getting the proper +2 displayed to my tick then and if it displays once, I am fairly certain its there whole time - just doesnt always reflect that in your UI display
Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also a truer way to testing this as a player without Dev access ( if these boots are giving FT2 vs 1 ) is to get a FT item and rotate with that

I would love to do a test like that but do not have access to any FT1 items to simply see the difference in my mana ticks

all last night tho I tested different things to observe the ticks and did notice the best time I would get an 'accurate' tick is the initial one after removing boots completely, letting mana tick a couple times, then putting boots on

I had a great chance of getting the proper +2 displayed to my tick then and if it displays once, I am fairly certain its there whole time - just doesnt always reflect that in your UI display
Will test the difference between FT2 and FT1 later this week.

The only thing I'm seeing is 1 mana per tick standing. It subtracts 2 and adds 3 every tick with boots on, and just adds 1 with boots off. Same difference. I don't think it's working. 21 while sitting consistently.

Looking for more testimonials! Thanks for the input Eratani. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Banned

Because of the graphical bug where mana increases and subtracts and sometimes goes in between tics, I think a dev is the only one who can truly verify if working as intended
Old 09-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just looking at the spdat files, Flowing Thought wasn't even in there until March 2001.

Could possibly be disabled or set to zero until that time.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned

That back end information would be vital to bug detection and reporting - is it flagged as 0 or +2?
Old 09-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Why don't you let your character go thirsty/no clarity and see how mana regen works with FT1/2?
Old 09-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

good idea Snacks- will do this tonight

its def working tho- its not consistently displayed but mana tick differences do occur when u have them equipped vs not

I noticed this clearly on my cleric who doesnt have oddles of self buff mana regen like my druid
Last edited by Erati; 09-08-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Old 09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you let your character go thirsty/no clarity and see how mana regen works with FT1/2?
0 mana regen while thirsty with FT2 boots on.