Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Eratani: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Eratani

Happyhealz: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Happyhealz

Spongee: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Spongee_Mcgee

Opmeter: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Opmeter

I'll let the nerds debate the other bis classes.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summoning an eye though requires you not have a pet which can be annoying. Many times you want to staff something you already have a pet and you don't have any NPCs near you to click the staff on without having to deal with killing them.
Yeah, but what scenarios actually involve this?
Old 12-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but what scenarios actually involve this?
I can think of a few but for me, mostly, Mischief. Many mobs use up most if not all of your mana so there's some med time between.

I need a pet to tank while I stack my DoTs before I end up tap tanking the end of a mob. I don't want to kill him to summon an eye and tap it. I don't want to deal with finding a scrub mob out in the forest to staff that I then have to root and kill. I also am not a fan of using staff to regen and then having to FD for the duration of the DoT losing out on sit regen and meditate in the process.

As a result being able to just sit and med with max mana regen and not lose any HP in the process would be superb.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned

cringing upon the mighty nerds in this thrade
Old 12-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can think of a few but for me, mostly, Mischief. Many mobs use up most if not all of your mana so there's some med time between.

I need a pet to tank while I stack my DoTs before I end up tap tanking the end of a mob. I don't want to kill him to summon an eye and tap it. I don't want to deal with finding a scrub mob out in the forest to staff that I then have to root and kill. I also am not a fan of using staff to regen and then having to FD for the duration of the DoT losing out on sit regen and meditate in the process.

As a result being able to just sit and med with max mana regen and not lose any HP in the process would be superb.
I guess I just don't feel like farming mischief halflings solo a few minutes faster is a key metric of Necromancer gearing. Especially when there are only 2 worth really worth killing and they respawn every 72 minutes.

A necromancer gets 50 mana/tick with Demilich, so that means only 6 minutes to completely med up. Starting from full HP is a loss of 840 HP, which would be almost completely recovered by one Touch of Night (would require +400 mana in gear) or a Manaskin.

Even if we accept your tactics and scenario, FT5 enables you to tap back 8 HP per tick or so with Touch of Night, so it's hardly worse.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mildly interesting idea for a thread, but a little misguided. Your attempt to define BiS is a little flawed. For one, your Monk Magelo link has Chardok 2.0 loot in it. Sure, it's nice gear, but no one has that yet. The magelo can only show one item per slot, which is sometimes clear cut (Druid Vulak arms are hands down BiS), but other times it is race dependent (Human Druids get VP robe, other Druids get PoM Chest) or otherwise ambiguous (Druid back slot could be a long discussion). I'd also say there are some class defining items like the Tunare FT3 Earring that are worth way, way more than almost all other gear. Lastly, there are a ton of clickies and vanity items that are hard to put a value on. Speedi has a 1HB primal and a dain ring 10, both of which I could argue aren't exactly needed to have BiS, but they are impressive and I think most would be jealous, as I am. Just saying max mana for a Druid defines BiS misses all the other functions of the class (and of course mana regen from FT1/2/3 plays a big deal in max mana as you cast spells, even if chain casting).

That said, for druid I know Eratani, Speedi, Runningfrenzy, and Jestuh are up there gear wise. Would require a closer inspection to crown the best, but I suspect Eratani takes it.
This notion of what truly defines “best in slot” is good to keep in mind for this sort of discussion, as it isn't always so cut and dry and can change depending on what era we're in. I can only speak from personal experience as a druid, but at the beginning of Velious I valued hit points and resists as much as I valued mana. This was due to the critical importance of Klandicar, Zlandicar, and Sontalak fights, as well as the fact that back then we crawled through NTOV to get to dragons and we were all eating more AEs and generally taking more damage. Now that we don't even do Sontalak anymore, and TOV fights are just faceroll AE-dodging encounters once the pull team does their magic, I've shifted back to valuing mana over other stats in most cases.

And then of course there's your individual playstyle and how you're personally looking to craft your toon. I don't stack up favorably against Eratani (who is the top-geared druid I would say) in terms of mana or FT , but I've had just as much fun running around with a PD robe and a 1HB primal and a Mistwalker as I've had going after the “real” upgrades. In terms of being able to play effectively, some classes can tolerate a player deciding to go for more vanity/fashion items, and some can't (think druid versus warrior).

On a side note...Eratani, when are you going to join the Vulak arms club?
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Banned

Can I throw my name in the bucket for best geared no1 alt Mage ?

Edit : #1 non epic Mage for sure
Last edited by Fasttimes; 12-14-2016 at 06:27 PM..
Old 12-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Chilis is no joke in terms of wizards, only problem is not a gnome so prob should still re-roll.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Chilis
Old 12-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Aviak

Damn eratani doesnt even have a rile crown yet? My druid had one in 2011. Get on thayt bro! /tease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hugz
Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Aviak

whelp, for necromancers, i challenge you to find someone who can outdo Kharizzar.
dude is pretty much the toon my 12 yr old self would make with the magelo editor.
Closed Thread