Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats you successfully devoted your life to eq and will kill AOW 2 years after the first guild killed it. I bet your parents are proud
judging by the false accusations and mad from this person,

it assures me that I am both doing better than him in EQ and RL
Old 10-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
judging by the false accusations and mad from this person,

it assures me that I am both doing better than him in EQ and RL
If you spend 18 hours a day on eq it would be very difficult to be successful. Congrats on Vulak 2017
Old 10-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't you have over 100 players for the kill?

we will do it with 50, just working on our rogs atm
I really hope you guys do it for your own sakes. Lot of time and effort invested for a .25% upgrade on legs(monk) helm(warrior), and bow(warrior) 1hs (okayish) slots. In the two years invested some of you could have completed a Diploma or Associate Degree and bettered you real lives.

Also this again is proof that you're not interested in server health just an obsession with AoW and eventually Tunare (both of which wont happen unless heavy boxing goes down). Considering you need a very, very minimim 10 geared clerics in double bard groups with necros and mages pumping them non-stop. Basically need 20-25 people just for the clerics/healing layout for both fights.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

negative
Old 10-27-2017, 06:31 AM
Banned

BUMP 4 AoW.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:

your disease oozes with this post.

we're working on our rogs boys!! on a 50 pop box lol,,, imagine the sickness it takes to twink up rogues to beat an encounter that was wrote nearly 2 decades ago.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your disease oozes with this post.

we're working on our rogs boys!! on a 50 pop box lol,,, imagine the sickness it takes to twink up rogues to beat an encounter that was wrote nearly 2 decades ago.
disease lol?

the difficulty of these mobs far surpasses the live version

defeating them is like beating a different game entirely
Old 10-29-2017, 01:53 AM
Banned

Yes an no.

Most guilds didnt get as much raid targets as on red99. Plus most moved on to new expansions. Mobs like AoW I am pretty sure died more regularly in later expansions when toons got geared more/levels. I know on my live server smaller guilds were killing Talendor as raid targets even in Luclin era thats how licked dry raid content was.

The proliferation of gear on red99 is no where near what it was truely like in era on live. That's why most guilds had a main/back up tank they channeled gear on to. They definately did not have 12 clerics in 95% bis healing and 6 tanks in 95% bis rotating when in era and 20 rogues with epics and 255 str.

Plus if you truely want a challenge go play the EQMac emh server and kill the PoP content where boxing 50% of the clerics just don't cut it. Velious/kunark/classic content is purely a numbers game.

Plus why bother? Are those 60 ac monk pants going to make that much of a difference? Soon enough those pants will have more AC than pop.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:59 AM
Banned

Also not to mention there wasn't 15,000 forum posts about successful strats guilds employeed to beat mobs.

Those og guilds did that shit without teamspeak, on 800x600 resolution machines.

So if you beat a mob with 50 people in a perfect setup 2 years in to era on a server where you get to pick and choose your gear it is hardly relevent to what guilds did back in the day.
Closed Thread