Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Banned

/ooc 60 rogue LFG king / CE
Old 09-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/ooc 60 rogue LFG king / CE
I do this every single night for about an hour.

Then I give up.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Banned

I went to Seb one time... Zoned in for the first time ever on my Warrior.. I had no hammer or clicky hat.. Numerous folks sitting around the zone in. 1 Person pulled a froggie, and agro'd the 2nd one. I knew this wasn't normal so i jumped in and started tanking, assuming with a room full of random's that we'd all work together on this situation.. About a minute later, i noticed i was dying, and i saw no pixels.. Turned around, everybody gated or camped out.. I died, it was a shit CR..
Last edited by bigjeff100; 09-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Deleted "Fuck you Seb people" at the end. That was rude of me.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

I lub sebilis <3

Wts hiero cloak
Old 09-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Well, I identify as "rogues don't take stuff that would have dropped so it's ok".
That way I feel better about picking their nasty pocketsies. Me precious.
I have asked a few times about that and gotten, as you would expect, different answers.
Does the pick pocketing take what would have dropped?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the pick pocketing take what would have dropped?
Yes

On live you usetacould pickpocket coin without affecting the drops of the mob, but my limited experience in p99 suggests that you currently steal coin from their actual dropped coin

Items have always been taken from the dropped loot of the mob, with additional restrictions of being unable to steal anything LORE, NODROP or MAGIC

p99 also restricts you to only being able to pick pockets of mobs between level 20-50
Old 09-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Well crud. What's the benefit of playing a rogue then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes

On live you usetacould pickpocket coin without affecting the drops of the mob, but my limited experience in p99 suggests that you currently steal coin from their actual dropped coin

Items have always been taken from the dropped loot of the mob, with additional restrictions of being unable to steal anything LORE, NODROP or MAGIC

p99 also restricts you to only being able to pick pockets of mobs between level 20-50
Old 09-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Something about damage. There’s no special pickpocket loot table. There wasn’t on live either. You are always taking from the final drops. Can’t believe that myth is still alive.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-26-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Lore items can be stolen. We stole Maid Issis Fang right out her stupid vampire mouth while leveling a Chardok doorman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Well crud again. Here I thought I was getting something free. I will continue to pick the pockets because that is a rogue's part. If it wasn't sanctioned game play it wouldn't be available. It is compensation for something.
Monks, shadow knights and necros get feign death, and if that isn't a cheat I don't know what is.
Druids and wizzies get to port as compensation.
Trolls and ogres get...., crud, they should get something for being soo ugly. They are tall, that's got to be it.

That's enough nonsense for now.
Live long and prosper