Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

I mean, look at that jackass Byue. Joins the conversation butthole first straight out of Canada with his "anthropology" degree. Completely oblivious to social cues and his audience. Intellectually, completely outmatched: thinks he can "win" a conflict with "argumentation" while just parroting shit. That's the product of a college education nowadays. Certified stupid; it even says it right here on this paper they gave me.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How to excel at the collegiate level:

Be able to write cogently and consicely.

Assess the ideological disposition of your professor.

Feign writing from the ideological perspective that your professor wants you to be indoctrinated into.

And that's it. That's why all social sciences are a fucking joke. I got the sociological department's student of the year accolades in my sophomore year, and I don't believe it's a science. Pretty telling on how much of an anti-intellectual circle jerk it is. See: the Social affair
In the past, I've made a point to deliberately present an opposing view that respectfully acknowledges the professor's viewpoint. This gets you critical thinking skills bonus points, which is what college SHOULD be about entirely. My vegan, yoga-teaching English professor loved my critical take on Skinny Bitch (anti-dairy, vegan author) and read it to the class. In my conflict mediation class, I completely bashed the book Getting to Yes, the seminal text for the field of mediation. Teacher loved it.

I got the same (bad) advice from my mom and grandmother. I don't parrot ideas for the sake of manipulation, even if it costs me. I'm perfectly good at manipulation in other ways. Too many fucking yes men. Stand out is my advice.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-28-2021 at 08:58 PM..
Old 02-28-2021, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past, I've made a point to deliberately present an opposing view that respectfully acknowledges the professor's viewpoint. This gets you critical thinking skills bonus points, which is what college SHOULD be about entirely. My vegan, yoga-teaching English professor loved my critical take on Skinny Bitch (anti-dairy, vegan author) and read it to the class. In my conflict mediation class, I completely bashed the book Getting to Yes, the seminal text for the field of mediation. Teacher loved it.

I got the same (bad) advice from my mom and grandmother. I don't parrot ideas for the sake of manipulation, even if it costs me. I'm perfectly good at manipulation in other ways. Too many fucking yes men. Stand out is my advice.
Do that as a straight while male not playing dress-up and the red pen of "fallacy" comes out. I seen't it firsthand. If you shroud yourself in "victimhood" you can go another way with it, as long as you don't outright oppose the indoctrination efforts.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yes. I think you're expressing your own perfectly valid feelings of victimhood, as a demographic who feels targeted these days.

Do you think this thread can function without Baler yelling at everyone who messes up the format?
Last edited by Cecily; 02-28-2021 at 09:41 PM..
Old 02-28-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

Yeah, it could, as evidenced in your olive branch, but I'm not decrying victimhood, I'm merely identifying how the current system works, so as to best identify how to ensure ones actions are best positioned to exploit "what is", don't really care to get involved with discussion on how it "should be".

Should I invest in drip irrigation hosing immediately, or only after allowing my crops to sprout to the juvenile stage after correcting spacing issues that may pop up?
Last edited by Gwaihir; 02-28-2021 at 10:15 PM..
Old 02-28-2021, 10:19 PM
Banned

Mind you, I plant everything from seed. Monticello organic ftw.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do that as a straight while male not playing dress-up and the red pen of "fallacy" comes out. I seen't it firsthand. If you shroud yourself in "victimhood" you can go another way with it, as long as you don't outright oppose the indoctrination efforts.
These browns, queers, and other godless muslims can't know the struggles you've faced as a white hetero male.

The great awakening is coming! WWG1WGA.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. I think you're expressing your own perfectly valid feelings of victimhood, as a demographic who feels targeted these days.

Do you think this thread can function without Baler yelling at everyone who messes up the format?
No.

Do you think baler did something bad in nashville?
Old 03-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These browns, queers, and other godless muslims can't know the struggles you've faced as a white hetero male.

The great awakening is coming! WWG1WGA.
Listen here buddy, this is the thread for rightwing nutjobs to jerk each other off.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread