Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

Don't mind me I just constantly do random acts of kindness for items that, coincidentally, recently sold on third party sites!

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefluffy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good point.
Because this community is very close knit and i know just about every big time rmter and so does everyone else at the top end after 10 years.

There are several people views on rmt

#1 they dont care
#2 they dont care until it effects them
#3 they care, and dont like seeing people just get an item buying it, its why we play here.

I will report any RMT i see, fortunately i have luckily after 10 years to find a guild that isnt openly half joking but you know they are serious about it over private guildchat comms, the gms play in these guilds, they know exactly whats going on, they know who repeatedly does it, and ontop of that they have methods i wont go into that very easily detect RMT, the last banwave was 170 people in one fell swoop, and allll of them where guilty.

Just know if you are going to RMT on this server, this is their brand new baby, and they are going to come down hard on you guys for being assholes. As they should. We have a great oppertunity as a community here to change the pattern, lets stop the rmt. report these people that always rise to the top and play this game as a job and have alot more fun. instead of being forced to raid for double dkp on non raid targets stacking dkp for the already lvl 50's, Anyone who's been around knows whats going on. I wont call out names, but im quite upset to see that ALREADY there is a fairly large rmt ring set up, not to mention the small list grps that wipe grps lists knowing they can kick everyone off the list and then charge for the items.

we have a real chance here, don't blow it. lets be good people for once, and don't let the biggest meanest bullies take over the server, the only reason they bully their way is because real money transactions are going on, thats the simple truth, its not cause they want to be the best. There is actually a flourishing rmt economy and it needs to stop.

The onus is not on the staff, its on the playerbase to stop enabling these people to lead your guilds, control your guild banks, and loot council, ITS THE SAME PEOPLE EVERYIME, they get caught EVERYTIME, yet they always come back and recruit people who don't know any better. Like cmon get it together. This is why I join < Dark Men of Odus", i won't play in a guild like i have in the past 10 years various guilds where its not even private information that this guy sold this guy this and that.... It's bullshit.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The onus is not on the staff, its on the playerbase to stop enabling these people to lead your guilds, control your guild banks, and loot council, ITS THE SAME PEOPLE EVERYIME, they get caught EVERYTIME, yet they always come back and recruit people who don't know any better. Like cmon get it together. This is why I join < Dark Men of Odus", i won't play in a guild like i have in the past 10 years various guilds where its not even private information that this guy sold this guy this and that.... It's bullshit.
So what guilds and guild leaders are we looking out for here, detective?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

the over 1000 account banned people nowon green good luck with the scums
Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what guilds and guild leaders are we looking out for here, detective?
I played on red, but also have friends from blue, red wasn't as bad. blue from what i heard was terrible, from inside sources. im not going to name names as i'd like to give them a clean slate. But the GM's know who they are. And if they don't they can ask me. I helped them before, ill help them again.

I really don't even want to talk about it anymore because all it does it make the server look bad and it isn't actually that bad. it's either something we live with or mitigate, talking to some friends its just not possible because of the way things are. society is broke, people are going to reach out for a dollar however they can, no matter what.

its whatever. and sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] like in the reality alot of these people just arn't hire-able and this is what they have to do, doesn't mean i have to like or agree with it. life is fucked up. what are you going to do.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

I just don't believe the price, unless someone have someway to prove it I believe the number he say he sold it for is only to make him look better.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

let us not forget all the GM's and guides who have been "fired" here for RMT and other shady shit.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let us not forget all the GM's and guides who have been "fired" here for RMT and other shady shit.
"Alleriah RMT'd!" "Yeah, well GM's have done it too!"

That's a weird statement. Are you like defending Alleriahs actions because shady people have done the same in the past? Or are you just throwing shade at staff? Like what is your point?

I mean you basically could have said this as well:

"Alleriah RMT'd!" "Yeah well Kluwen did it too!"
Old 12-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because this community is very close knit and i know just about every big time rmter and so does everyone else at the top end after 10 years.

There are several people views on rmt

#1 they dont care
#2 they dont care until it effects them
#3 they care, and dont like seeing people just get an item buying it, its why we play here.

I will report any RMT i see, fortunately i have luckily after 10 years to find a guild that isnt openly half joking but you know they are serious about it over private guildchat comms, the gms play in these guilds, they know exactly whats going on, they know who repeatedly does it, and ontop of that they have methods i wont go into that very easily detect RMT, the last banwave was 170 people in one fell swoop, and allll of them where guilty.

Just know if you are going to RMT on this server, this is their brand new baby, and they are going to come down hard on you guys for being assholes. As they should. We have a great oppertunity as a community here to change the pattern, lets stop the rmt. report these people that always rise to the top and play this game as a job and have alot more fun. instead of being forced to raid for double dkp on non raid targets stacking dkp for the already lvl 50's, Anyone who's been around knows whats going on. I wont call out names, but im quite upset to see that ALREADY there is a fairly large rmt ring set up, not to mention the small list grps that wipe grps lists knowing they can kick everyone off the list and then charge for the items.

we have a real chance here, don't blow it. lets be good people for once, and don't let the biggest meanest bullies take over the server, the only reason they bully their way is because real money transactions are going on, thats the simple truth, its not cause they want to be the best. There is actually a flourishing rmt economy and it needs to stop.

Thank you for your considered reply. I am in the camp that rmt is toxic and ruins the game.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Alleriah RMT'd!" "Yeah, well GM's have done it too!"

That's a weird statement. Are you like defending Alleriahs actions because shady people have done the same in the past? Or are you just throwing shade at staff? Like what is your point?

I mean you basically could have said this as well:

"Alleriah RMT'd!" "Yeah well Kluwen did it too!"
Sirken and his shit raid scene forced my hand.
Closed Thread