Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 11-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Polling rate setting didn't fix the issue in EQ unfortunately. And I've exhausted every option and suggestion I've ever seen regarding this issue. I think my hardware/CPU might just need replacing.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 01-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Just wanted to update that I upgraded to a newer Intel CPU from my old AMD and it runs like a dream now. That AMD cpu I just ditched was from like 2009ish, so it should have run this old ass game fine but for some reason it was a disaster. Was struggling really hard with a lot of other games too and on top of that, the fan on it had gotten insanely loud in the last year or two. Not sure if any of that contributed to crappy in-game performance, but changing the hardware 100% helped.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Large Rat

Funnily enough LiQuid, your suggestion for polling rate totally fixed my EQ mouselook stutter issues. Nothing else worked, and my PC is no slouch. On Intel/NVidia, was still having pesky issues. Cutting my mouse polling rate from 1k to 500 totally solved the issues, so thanks for that suggestion.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just another report that mouselook stuttering problem was solved entirely by reducing reporting rate from 1000 to 250 (500 is a huge improvement doesn't totally eliminate the problem for me).
Old 03-14-2024, 08:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default What's reporting rate and where do I change it?

I have same problem with split second stuttering every 30 Seconds or so. What's reporting rate and where do I change it?