Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Default Keeping my UI settings on a clean Windows install

I'm gonna reinstall my Windows and I wonder if there's a way to export and keep all my EQ/Duxa UI settings? All the UI windows, Friend list, macros etc.

Thankful for all the help.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

I recently copied and pasted my eq folder to a sim card and plugged it into the laptop. It works fine with alll the settings I had on the table top.
Try copying it and pasting it to yer puter after the reinstall.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

So I don't actually need to "install" EQ on the new computer with the installation files? It's enough to copy all the files to run the game?
Old 08-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I don't actually need to "install" EQ on the new computer with the installation files? It's enough to copy all the files to run the game?
Correct: the folder (should) have everything you need, and whatever system libraries (or what not) that it may have needed to install on your computer back in the day should already be "baked into" your OS today.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Awesome. Thanks for swift(wind) replies.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct: the folder (should) have everything you need, and whatever system libraries (or what not) that it may have needed to install on your computer back in the day should already be "baked into" your OS today.
Just for clarification, I am doing a complete fresh win7 installation on a new SSD drive, so there won't be any leftover files.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just for clarification, I am doing a complete fresh win7 installation on a new SSD drive, so there won't be any leftover files.
What I meant was, back in the day EQ had to install stuff like the latest direct X, because your computer likely didn't have it and it needed it for EQ. Like maybe it needed version 21, but your Windows copy only came with version 19, so EQ had to install Direct X 21 elsewhere on your system (not in your EQ folder)

Today, even though EQ still requires Direct X 21 (or whatever version) ... even older versions of Windows come with Direct X 597 pre-instlaled (or whatever higher version). So there's nothing your computer needs from the EQ installer except the EQ files themselves (even though that wasn't true in the past).

So regardless you should be fine.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-08-2019 at 02:01 PM..