Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Orc

Default Spell Icons don't match spells

Hello

Loving the classic EQ experience but have one relatively minor but annoying problem.

Everything was working fine until I bought the Spirit of the Wolf scroll for my druid. The scroll said Level 255. So I redownloaded the spells_us.txt, backed up the one I was using and installed the download.

This fixed the SOW spell level problem, it's now reading as 14.

But now my spell icons, both in the spellbook and the casting bar, are "wrong." I do want the "original" icons, which I had, but now they don't match up right. They're "original" but they're all wrong: blue hearts for nukes, chanter mind icons for root, etc. Real bad!

As a test, I made a copy of my Titanium directory and replaced various spell-related tga files with the copies suggested here but nothing seems to work.

What file exactly contains the classic icon images for the spells? I need to be sure I don't have something wrong with THAT file.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Sippin; 12-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: to be clearer!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Ignore me, reading comprehension > Me. Best bet would be reinstall the UI from scratch. Sounds like a wire/file got crossed somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 12-02-2009 at 11:20 AM..
Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Are the developers fixing the issue with the sow spell? It is still glitched for lvl 255 but now says my class can't use it. lvl 14 druid
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned

Hey you guys need to take a trip over to the Files forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Yes check the files / setup forum. You can check spells_us.txt and search for spirit of the wolf and ensure that the level isn't set to 255. If it is reinstall the spell file.