Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Heya,

I got this working on my 2007 Mac Book pro, intel 2.2 core duo, 2G ram, GeForce 8600 GT. It's really nifty and thanks for the good work! Now its just like eq mac, except on an authentic classic server! My one comment is that it seems to run slow in a weird way. the framerate is fine, but its like my toon runs slower, casts slower, even jumps slower, than on my PC. For instance, when casting a spell, the casting time slider will go down slower than on my PC, and the spell will actually land with the slider still not finished yet - as though the server knows it should land then, but my end is displaying things too slowly! Anyone else get this? Anything to do about it?

thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heya,

I got this working on my 2007 Mac Book pro, intel 2.2 core duo, 2G ram, GeForce 8600 GT. It's really nifty and thanks for the good work! Now its just like eq mac, except on an authentic classic server! My one comment is that it seems to run slow in a weird way. the framerate is fine, but its like my toon runs slower, casts slower, even jumps slower, than on my PC. For instance, when casting a spell, the casting time slider will go down slower than on my PC, and the spell will actually land with the slider still not finished yet - as though the server knows it should land then, but my end is displaying things too slowly! Anyone else get this? Anything to do about it?

thanks
It sounds like EverQuest doesn't have window focus? Although it should since you're playing it.. What is your ping?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

70ish when on my broadband, don't think that's it. Oddly, 170 ping on my tethered android is feeling better in terms of this "video slowdown" problem. Maybe coincidence :>

Oh, could this be a dual-core issue? Says "slow movement" can be a symptom of it in the other thread.
Last edited by Blorris; 02-06-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
70ish when on my broadband, don't think that's it. Oddly, 170 ping on my tethered android is feeling better in terms of this "video slowdown" problem. Maybe coincidence :>

Oh, could this be a dual-core issue? Says "slow movement" can be a symptom of it in the other thread.
It wouldn't hurt to try, there's a dual core fix option in there. I thought that was mostly characterized by warping/intense moments of speed but you should definitely try it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Connador; 02-07-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Aviak

Followed everything in this guide,

I end up launching eq , and all I get is a black window with eq cursor. playing on a macbookpro 2.4 coreduo

any advices ?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Thank you, OP. Will be trying this out for sure soon.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

gwnraven download DuxaUi all in one fix ..and it gives u option to fix resolution in set up. that will fix the black screen... there is a manual way to do it too..but i like duxa and its clean =)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Large Bat

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got it set up, but the graphics don't seem to be registering. It's just a mumble of black/pink lines and shit. I can press buttons around and get to the options though and when it says to select your video card nothing comes up.

Any idea what went wrong?

OSX 10.5.8
It's a mini mac with graphics Intel GMA 950

I know it's integrated graphics but it ran WoW, it's just not detecting the graphics or something.
Taken from WineHQ, there is something wrong with (linux+wine+eq) that I fixed related to graphics bugs... you could try this and see if it fixes it.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...rsion&iId=2939
Quote:
In Game Options

You must change some options in eqclient.ini in order to run the game properly. If a setting is missing, like TextureCache, just enter it into the appropriate section. If you use the default file, VertexShaders are already TRUE, but so is TextureCache which needs to be FALSE.

- You can log into any zone you have previously zoned into and also any small zone like the guild lobby. If you log into one that you have never been in before, you get fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateVertexBuffer Out of memory! (TextureCache)

- If your first toon on char select is a Drakkin, the animation is broken except for the primary and secondary weapons/shield move. If you select any other character at char select, the game crashes. (TextureCache)

- Game crashes at char select. (VertexShaders)

[Defaults]

VertexShaders=TRUE
TextureCache=FALSE
Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Aviak

got everything to work, thanks for this guide.

any idea on how to multibox with that set up ?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Multi-boxing doesn't exist on this server. You are IP restricted to 1 account per server per IP for P99 & R99 (so you can play one character on P99 and one character on R99 concurrently, but not 2 accounts on the same server). If you have another real life person on the same IP as you, such as a roomate or spouse, apply for an IP exemption in the Petitions & Exploit forum, following the IP exemption request guidelines. Once you have an IP exemption, there are also repercussions for being caught multi-boxing.

TL;DR: Play 1 character at a time on P99/R99.