Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Default Three Cheers for Blue 99, aka Real Everquest

There's been a lot of posts about that other server, so I just wanted to state the obvious: Red is not Classic Everquest, it's a variant game built on top of it. If you really want classic Everquest, there is only one server to play on, and it ain't red, yellow or fuchsia.

Remember, out of all the original classic Everquest servers, the Zeks (PvP servers) made up less than a quarter, and population-wise they were probably less than 1/0th. More importantly, none of those servers worked the way Red works (I didn't play on it much, but I'm quite certain Tallon Zek did not have a 260% group exp bonus).

But with Blue, what you get IS what Everquest was like back in 2000, or just about. So have fun with your pseudo-Everquest Red players, and feel free to make all the recruitment threads you want: the rest of us are still going to have a great time playing actual Everquest.

So here's three cheers for the Blue server, and everyone who wants to re-live the true blue Class Everquest experience.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Old 05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone would think that a low pop server wanting more players should be ridiculed and beaten in the street [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Play on whichever server you want though, my memories of live are 90% blue, but I'm grateful to the P99 devs/staff for putting a pvp server up and looking after it...some features are more "classic" than blue etc (duck cancelling spells shouldn't be in at this point in the timeline for one thing).

There's nothing wrong with playing both servers at once, or playing week nights on one and weekends on the other.

Thumbs up for Project 1999 and all that's been achieved generally I'd say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Kobold

strange....near identical posts from 2 different posters? Is Jaybone simply lormin's troll account? /tinfoil hat on
Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feel free to make all the recruitment threads you want
Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

If they really don't want us here in Server Chat they should come over to red and do something about it!

You want your forum back? Come and get it.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they really don't want us here in Server Chat they should come over to red and do something about it!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
strange....near identical posts from 2 different posters? Is Jaybone simply lormin's troll account? /tinfoil hat on
LOL it's a conspiracy to respond to someone else's thread?

EDIT: Er ... I was actually responding to Penish's thread; dunno what is up with Jaybone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not how we do things in real Everquest land; you have to /duel us first. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by loramin; 05-10-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
EZ99 is filled with jealous, angry, frustrated people.

Jealous that Blue99 is popular, more desired, a Massive Multiplayer Game.

Angry that no one wants to play with you, angry that you drive people away with how you all act, angry that you know this, but unable to change.

Frustrated knowing you will repeat this cycle, frustrated that more "PvP" happens on the forum, then ingame. Frustrated knowing no matter how many buffs, non-classic addons or how easy they make your server that you will never become what you want. A Massive Multiplayer game.

Blue99 is classic as fuck(close enough) and has more then fueled most of my missed desires that I missed back in 99-02 and I am thankful to the Devs who made Blue99 possible. Blue99 is like New York, Overpopulated, Overtaxed but people like it here for some reason. Its easy enough to leave but there are far worse places to be. Like New Jersey, aka EZ99
Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Jauna is one srs rustled person over nothing

your rl must suck super bad

Item recharging on blue makes leveling and raiding trivial

No spell ducking makes raiding trivial

Chardok AoE 50-60 takes 2 days

Your whole claim that red is ez is b/c of the exp......... full group exp bonus...lol

Red has been confirmed more classic than blue

Keep crying tho
Last edited by Rellapse40; 05-10-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Closed Thread