Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Location: A nomad within the rolling BDA sands of Swish's vagina

I played a ranger as a main from kunark to after PoP on live. OoW I made the full switch to warrior. I was there for the noobish cluelessness, the bad, the ugly, and ultimately the good. Prior to Luclin they were fun but not overwhelmingly powerful. Luclin AA and archery stuff changed everything. With defensive aa they were plenty durable and with AM3/EQ they were kings of dps. They remained rock solid dps for many expansions but started to fall into mediocrity from the planes of Time gear level and onward as high end melee dmg again outpaced non-trueshot archery.

Here? Fun to play. Reasonable utility. Ok though somewhat disappointing tanks. Ok dps. Bad healers. Limited buffers. Great outdoor pullers.

That’s about it.

Good overall class ... but not (as the wall of text above asserts) “one of the strongest classes in the game”.

Not by a long shot.

I love the class but I’m also a realist.

B L O O D G U A R D

Everquest Project 1999

Home | About | Forums | Membership

Old 06-05-2019, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleriah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right You are Legidias! With a shorter duration and a less reliable way of manipulating the aggro as well as a ranger they definitely have a frontal melee immunity disc ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

O hi Aaezil..I do apologize for having absolutely no idea who you are. Dont feel bad though. Your 1,209 posts on P99 Forums dating back from.. only Febuary of this year is something I'm sure you're very proud of and it's obvious you must have a lot going on for yourself. lelz
Wrong and toxic - wombo combo!

It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here? Fun to play. Reasonable utility. Ok though somewhat disappointing tanks. Ok dps. Bad healers. Limited buffers. Great outdoor pullers.

That’s about it.
I played a ranger in real classic eq and kunark. As well as one here too. This is my estimation as well.
Last edited by jolanar; 06-05-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Aviak

get better gear. wont be such a disappointing tank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good overall class ... but not (as the wall of text above asserts) “one of the strongest classes in the game”.

Not by a long shot.

I love the class but I’m also a realist.
There you have it folks. Hes a realist! This is why some guilds are capable of completing end game content and acquiring best in slot drops as opposed to... whats your guild doing? Fear golems?
It might be a good idea to practice restraint until you rate being considered credible in regards to the topic. It would be a shame if someone was discouraged from playing a ranger just because you weren't capable of utilizing the class' full potential and felt the need to discredit the class.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying rangers are the sole reason to do end game content but it is safe to say raiding would be a lot more chaotic without them!
Last edited by Alleriah; 06-05-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleriah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get better gear. wont be such a disappointing tank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Defense still stuck at 200 either way.

And also lol at your overly defensive posts.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And also lol at your overly defensive posts.
Well aren't you just a utilitarian of input.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, stick NToV gear on any melee (except a rogue maybe) and they can tank well. Same with weaps. Stating that a fully end game geared XXX can top a board doesnt really mean anything if the next person only has epic or less equipped.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Location: A nomad within the rolling BDA sands of Swish's vagina

Quote:
There you have it folks. Hes a realist! This is why some guilds are capable of completing end game content and acquiring best in slot drops as opposed to... whats your guild doing? Fear golems?
It might be a good idea to practice restraint until you rate being considered credible in regards to the topic. It would be a shame if someone was discouraged from playing a ranger just because you weren't capable of utilizing the class' full potential and felt the need to discredit the class.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying rangers are the sole reason to do end game content but it is safe to say raiding would be a lot more chaotic without them!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh alleriah’s autistic screetching...

B L O O D G U A R D

Everquest Project 1999

Home | About | Forums | Membership

Old 06-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should be 220 as soon as the melee balance patch rolls out.